Hacking Mario Kart Wii not working

amzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All, I have a d2pro chip installed on my wii and since updating to Firmware Updater 4.0 by Waninkoko Mario Kart Wii does not work at all...Does not even load into the Disk channel.....I get the message "An error has occured. press the eject button and remove the disc, then turn the Wii console off and refer to the Wii Operations Manual"....Only way I can get it to work is via gamma loader??....Any ideas on how I can get it working again through the disk channel? Thanks

amzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have set it to region free 6x via the v1.7 Utility Disc..gonna try reinstalling the v1.7 Utility Disc....will post update

amzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Re-installed the firmware which loaded into the disc channel fine (as did Madworld and a few other games) but Mario Kart still has the error message coming up when inserted???.....Any ideas people??

amzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried reinstalling

Custom IOS36 rev 08 by (Waninkoko) but still no luck....looks like D2pro firmware may need to be revised? Is it possible for me to downgrade back to 3.2e?

mk123a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
most likely your mario kart copy has been trucha signed or modified in some way...possible this was to remove that 001 error way back. Try obtaining a untouched backup of mario kart or better yet install the patched IOS 60, which introduces back the trucha bug...this will then allow you to run all trucha signed games in the disc channel - like in was back in 3.2

amzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Where can I get the patched ios60 from?...Will try when I download and report result...Thanks...Thought upgrading using Firmware Updater 4.0 by Waninkoko would have had this already in download?

dogeggs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've heard mario kart needs some sort of update to run on 4 and when it does this update it deletes your homebrew channel. Prob some half assed attempt to stop cheaters. Can anyone else confirm this?

amzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmmmm...Got it working again through the disc channel but the IOS60 patch did not do the trick....I had to install the MenuPatcher v1.1 by (Waninkoko) ....Wierd...but main thing is it's working again....Hope this helps anyone else in the same boat!!

amzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Opps...spoke to soon...menu patcher when run from homebrew channel allowed it to load in the disk channel as it returned to menu straight away...but after reboot...same issue occured?? Damn it!!

amzo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night