Mario Kart WiFi

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by dmonkey21, Nov 1, 2008.

Nov 1, 2008

Mario Kart WiFi by dmonkey21 at 6:00 PM (949 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. dmonkey21
    OP

Member dmonkey21 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I heard there were problems playing Mario Kart Wii over WiFi, but I was just wondering if I could have some clarification about the problems. I could connect, join a worldwide match, vote on the course, and even finish the race! Well, sort of [​IMG]

Afterwards, it kept doing the victory laps around the course, and since I'd never played on WiFi before, I just let it keep doing so. However, I watched a video on youtube, and the scores and 'next race' options never appeared! I had to just go up and press the Reset button to go back to the Wii Menu.

Most of the other problems I've heard people are having is not being able to join a race, do you think it's just lucky that I even got into one, or do you think it's going to freeze on the scores every time?

O yeah I'm talking about playing MK backed up through backup launcher .3, don't know how I forgot to mention that XD

2. kedest

Member kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    I have that too sometimes, it just keeps doing the victory laps for many minutes. I think the problem is Nintendo itself, their servers are sometimes crappy and slow.
    Hardmodded Wii by the way, not backuploader.

3. MillionsKnives

Member MillionsKnives GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have been playing on WiFi with the backup loader for hours, and I can confirm that this has happened to me, but only like twice. I agree with kedest that it is probably just Nintendo as sometimes their servers can be slow. I guess you get what you pay for, and in this case Nintendo WiFi is free.

4. dmonkey21
    OP

United States
    So was Mario Kart Wii XD

That's really cool though that you guys got it to work. Must have been a one time deal. I'll play some more races and post my results later [​IMG]

5. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    the only wifi issue with me is usually FIFA 09, playing worldwide users, either nintendos servers EA are CRAP or its the other users network CONNECTION IS SHI*t!

Mario Kart - hmm i never ever have that problem, soon as a race has finished, then it is determining how many users are going to go ahead in the next race, shows footage of the users who are still ending within 30 seconds then bam next race set-up:)

im a modded wii and wireless [​IMG]

6. dmonkey21
    OP

United States
    K idk I read a thread somewhere about how nobody was able to connect on MKWii with Backup Loader. Version .1 maybe? Idk lol thnx for the support [​IMG]

7. djdynamite123

Banned djdynamite123 Master Of Hardcore!

United Kingdom
    that true i believe.

8. kremmy

Newcomer kremmy Member

United States
    I've been playing a patched copy online without any problems, I'll get a "can't connect" error once in a while but I looked the error code up and it seems to be on their end. It always happens during peak hours too so I'm led to believe it's their servers having trouble with the load.

Other than that, I have never had a wifi issue with mario kart on version 0.3 of the backup loader.

edit:

That was a timeout issue cause of the slow loading times in version 0.1 [​IMG] it's no longer a problem with the new version.