288ru5d.jpg

289hch3.jpg

257k8bk.jpg

2nth3qw.jpg

2957mrm.jpg

cm69i.jpg

2hwlmj7.jpg

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HOW TO ENJOY MARIO KART WII:
Step 1: Buy game
Step 2: Remove contents from large outer box
Step 3: Insert game into Wii
Step 4: Throw steering wheel in box in corner with Gamecube microphones from Mario Party and the other identical wheels released by Ubisoft with their crap launch titles.
Step 5: Enjoy game.

Knab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
next thing you know this one will give the disc read error also lol.

EDIT: never mind just read it about the controls lol

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jumpman17 said:
HOW TO ENJOY MARIO KART WII:
Step 1: Buy game
Step 2: Remove contents from large outer box
Step 3: Insert game into Wii
Step 4: Throw steering wheel in box in corner with Gamecube microphones from Mario Party and the other identical wheels released by Ubisoft with their crap launch titles.
Step 5: Enjoy game.
Come now, you HAVE to use the wheel once.... that way you can mock it all the more!

Awdofgum

Wadofgum
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'll be using the Wheel, i want to start a whole new mario kart experience.
besides all of you will switch once you see how much i own in the GBAtemp competiton.
tongue.gif

nine0nine

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
siokzz said:
nice! will mario kart use DL discs like SSBB?

Nothin can be confirmed untill the disk is out inthe wild. I kinda doubt it though, Brawl has A LOT of movies during the 1 player mode, as well as tons of music which is probably what pushes it over SL disk size, I doubt MK will have anything more than an Intro and ending movie, if that.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nine0nine said:
siokzz said:
nice! will mario kart use DL discs like SSBB?

Nothin can be confirmed untill the disk is out inthe wild. I kinda doubt it though, Brawl has A LOT of movies during the 1 player mode, as well as tons of music which is probably what pushes it over SL disk size, I doubt MK will have anything more than an Intro and ending movie, if that.

Even with all the movies I believe that Brawl just barely squashed passed the single layer mark. If the movies were high def it'd be well into the second layer, but it's not, so the movies aren't really all that huge, it's just that there are so many of them that they just barely needed the dual layer. At least, this is what I've read around the scene.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't bother reading the review. Does it mention anything anything about snaking though? I hope it's still in. I like seeing people wine about snaking when it was put inside the game for a reason. It's just like how people say "how you're meant to play Smash Bros. with items" when you have the options to turn it off.

Anyways, snaking for the win.
smile.gif

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow what went into a wait and buy used so I can return for cash if it did suck hard like the DS and GC games is now a buy. They fixed the snake glitch, gave some nice options for online, controls seem solid...it has me happy.

MillionsKnives

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Something makes me doubt that this will be better than Mario Kart DS, the best game in the series IMHO. The fact that they changed the powerslide boost by removing the flicking of the joystick (or the D-Pad in the DS version) back and forth in order to build the boost kind of just annoys me. Now it just builds the boost automatically the longer you slide, and that looks as if it will be annoying and harder to accomplish than how it was even done in the N64 version.

I know that they removed it because of the snaking in the DS version, but at least in the N64 version it was essentially impossible to do such a thing. They could have made it like that version I think. Also, from all that I have been reading on IGN the past couple of days, they said that it hardly gives you a boost and by the time that you notice you are going any faster, the boost is done with. In the DS version it was definitely a noticeable boost, almost as much as a mushroom would give you.

I'm expecting this game to get around a 7.0 out of 10 rating. Just the fact that they haven't been hyping this game up or even as much as give it half the attention that games like Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy and Paper Mario got before they were released just makes me skeptical. The game comes out in just over a month, and that is not a good sign.

I do however think that the 12 person WiFi races will be some sort of a saving grace though. Hopefully they won't follow the same suit as they did with SSBB and allow for things like Leaderboards, customizable races including the ability to turn certain items on / off, and let people see other players names! Even Geometry Wars: Galaxies for the DS lets you see a Leaderboard with player's names.

Only time will tell though, and unfortunately that is only several weeks away. I'd actually like to see them delay this game so they could put more time into it. It seems as if it has been quite rushed, only being announced at E3 last year. I could be completely wrong about this game, and I hope that I am because I really would like a new Mario Kart that didn't suck like Double Dash did.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh