Hacking Mario Kart problem

gdownie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've searched all over these forums, but I've been unable to find a fix.

I've downgraded my Wii to 3.2u, installed Starfall, and installed the rev 7 cIOS and the gamma launcher using EmperorOfCanada's guide. All backups I've tried work fine except Mario Kart. I've tried multiple burns at multiple speeds, but it still refuses to work. It gets to the wiimote safety screen, and then goes to a black screen saying "Unable to read the disc. Please read the manual" or something similar. What baffles me is that every other backup works fine. I was able to play one race in Mario Kart once, and then after racing it sent me back to the "Unable to read disc" screen. Since then, it only shows the black disc error screen. I had softmodded it before following EmperorOfCanada's guide, but it seemed like the downgrade to 3.2u and the upgrade to gamma processes worked fine, with no errors. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Any idea what's wrong?

Donders

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Use Gamma loader.
I've experienced that most backup games work normally with starfall, homebrew and modded wii, but others still don't work, I use GAMMA loader for those.

you can find GAMMA loader in downloads on the main site.

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
gdownie said:
No. There was nothing connected to the Wii except the power adapter, the TV-out, and the sensor bar.

this may seem harsh but it worked for me when i had the same error after downgrading from 3.4 (COD5 worked for months then i downgraded from 3.4 to 3.2 cuz i stupidly upped to 3.4, then i started getting same errors as you)
anyway i deleted my cios(ios249 with any title deleter), backed up my miis with mii extractor and used waninkokos menu loader to back up my save files(even uncopyable ones) then formated my system then reinstalled cios and gamma and all has been peachy ever eversince

gdownie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yikes! That does sound harsh. I've tried the Gamma loader as well as Softchip. Neither work. I have tried other isos to make sure that it wasn't my backup that was corrupt. None of them work.

gdownie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe they are Ritek. The weird thing is that all other backups tested work without any problems whatsoever. It's only Mario Kart that gives me grief. This makes me think that the media is not the problem. Still, if I can find another brand lying around here, I'll give it a go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.