Hacking Mario Kart Hack?

Tsukurimashou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I just played Mario Kart 7 online and the track was mirror, when you vote for a map you can't select mirror mode and I'm playing Worldwide random (not community), is that a hack or something? Someone heard of this?

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>__> Did you modify your save file? Chances are no. So it was a glitch.

If it WAS a hack you'd have to either:

1) Modify the save file (which, presently, hasn't been publically done)
2) Develop something like Neimod's RAM utility and modify the 3DS's background

From the sounds of it, you did not do either, so it was a glitch.

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
....wow, just wow....

after you get over 3k VR there is a chance that a stage that is seleceted will be mirrored. no hacks or glitches or anything like that. i always get mirror races (i have around 5-6k VR)

Reactions: 3 people

Tsukurimashou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
....wow, just wow....

after you get over 3k VR there is a chance that a stage that is seleceted will be mirrored. no hacks or glitches or anything like that. i always get mirror races (i have around 5-6k VR)

Thanks for the reply, no need to say "wow wow wow wow" like if it is logical and everyone know that, I think a lot of people don't know that. Anyway thanks for the info.
I asked there because in mario kart DS there were a way to modify the rom of the game to unlock all races online and it seemed a bit similar.

Reactions: 1 person

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply, no need to say "wow wow wow wow" like if it is logical and everyone know that, I think a lot of people don't know that. Anyway thanks for the info.
I asked there because in mario kart DS there were a way to modify the rom of the game to unlock all races online and it seemed a bit similar.

wow wow wow wow :P

No seriously this IS logical. Just think: You did NO modifying to the ROM, RAM, Keys, or Save through an unauthorized device. Explain how it could possibly be a hack LOL

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country

No seriously this IS logical. Just think: You did NO modifying to the ROM, RAM, Keys, or Save through an unauthorized device. Explain how it could possibly be a hack LOL
wow wow wow wow

You're the uninformed noob in this case.
What the Mario Kart DS cheat did was making it possible to pick tracks that were locked for online play.
So if you played against a person online that had the cheat enabled you would too be able to play the locked tracks, without the need of a flashcart or a cheating device.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

wow wow wow wow

What the Mario Kart DS cheat did was making it possible to pick tracks that were locked for online play.
So if you played against a person online that had the cheat enabled you would too be able to play the locked tracks, without the need of a flashcart or a cheating device.

That's not hacking...its cheating...

Now, if you per say, modify the Mario Kart DS ROM with something like CrystalTile, Tahaxan, etc to enable the tracks that would be more of hacking.

Cheating =/= Hacking

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok now i see what's going on... you thought that mirror mode was hacked? it's built in the game... after i read some post... don't say hacked unless the 3ds has been hacked.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's pretty obvious that he thought someone else had used a hack of some sort to play in mirrored mode online, which he didn't know was possible. A simple mistake, no need to make fun of him for it. @[member='CollosalPokemon'] : he never said he had hacked it. he thought someone else had.

Reactions: 1 person

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country

wow wow wow wow

Now, if you per say, modify the Mario Kart DS ROM with something like CrystalTile, Tahaxan, etc to enable the tracks that would be more of hacking.

Cheating =/= Hacking

Not trying to be an ass here but you can't cheat without a hack of sorts (at least the type of cheating I'm describing in my previous post), just saying.
The OP saw the possibility of someone using a hack in order to cheat online. (In this case the OP thought that someone else was using a "hack" not himself as you thought.)
And as of now such a hack is nonexistent.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

wow wow wow wow

Cheating =/= Hacking

Not trying to be an ass here but you can't cheat without a hack of sorts (at least the type of cheating I'm describing in my previous post), just saying.
The OP saw the possibility of someone using a hack in order to cheat online. (In this case the OP thought that someone else was using a "hack" not himself as you thought.)
And as of now such a hack is nonexistent.

I'm not trying to be an ass either but you contradicted yourself.

"cheat enabled you would too be able to play the locked tracks, without the need of a flashcart or a cheating device."

"you can't cheat without a hack of sorts" - For now it's a device or nothing since there are no DS lineup CFWs. (DSiWareHax was only available in limited quantity and has not seen CFW) If I remember right, the DSiWareHax can't play retail games yet anyways so there wouldn't be a lot of use in cheating on homebrew...

I knew such a hack is nonexistent.

Although using what your claiming, where hacks = cheats and "you can't cheat without a hack of sorts", I could say because a fire is burning wood, then therefore the wood is fire (note: not on fire). Hacks allow cheating, but cheating isn't hacking. Or wood can allow fire to burn, but wood isn't fire. Just saying.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

"cheat enabled you would too be able to play the locked tracks, without the need of a flashcart or a cheating device."

Do you seriously not get it yet? It's been explained several times, but I'll try to make this real simple:

IF THE OTHER PERSON IS CHEATING you don't need to have cheats enabled to be affected by their cheats. That is what @[member='Eerpow'] was getting at I am fairly certain. No contradiction at all.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country

"you can't cheat without a hack of sorts" - For now it's a device or nothing since there are no DS lineup CFWs. (DSiWareHax was only available in limited quantity and has not seen CFW) If I remember right, the DSiWareHax can't play retail games yet anyways so there wouldn't be a lot of use in cheating on homebrew...

I knew such a hack is nonexistent.

Although using what your claiming, where hacks = cheats and "you can't cheat without a hack of sorts", I could say because a fire is burning wood, then therefore the wood is fire (note: not on fire). Hacks allow cheating, but cheating isn't hacking. Or wood can allow fire to burn, but wood isn't fire. Just saying.

If you read the whole sentence you would know that only one player needed the cheat
"So if you played against a person online that had the cheat enabled you would too be able to play the locked tracks, without the need of a flashcart or a cheating device."

Yes I know flashcards doesn't alter any system code and are not directly hacks by definition. Most of us here uses the term Hack very loosely and the OP used the term hack to describe running custom code on the machine, I was just trying to make my point understandable.
The reason why I'm still replying is that I don't like how you treated the OP, he's obviously a less experienced user and should be treated more nicely.

Tsukurimashou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah sorry I should have googled it and I know there is no flashcard atm but I was thinking of a glitch or maybe something with the save dongle (I don't know how it work but maybe a modified save). Anyway I understood now and you don't have to laugh of that for days, for someone who already know that maybe it seems ridiculous but I didn't knew that VR unlocked a "new mode" online and people with me in the race seemed really surprising (runing on walls and falling a lot of times out of the race). Anyway I have the answer now, next time I'll google it so you'll have to find someone else to laugh at.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, are you talking about Mario Kart 7 or Mario kart DS?
If it's DS, you can't change the course cups unless you use a cheat device.
If it's 7, the game can randomly change the course cups, and it is more likely to do so when you have a high VS rating.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oh man don't get the snowflakes worked up +1