Mario Kart Hack?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Tsukurimashou, Jan 13, 2012.

Jan 13, 2012

Mario Kart Hack? by Tsukurimashou at 6:44 PM (4,116 Views / 0 Likes) 22 replies

1. Tsukurimashou
    OP

Member Tsukurimashou GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    Hi I just played Mario Kart 7 online and the track was mirror, when you vote for a map you can't select mirror mode and I'm playing Worldwide random (not community), is that a hack or something? Someone heard of this?

2. DJPlace

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    there is? i don't think mirror's allowed online?

3. CollosalPokemon

Member CollosalPokemon ばん。。。かい

United States
    >__> Did you modify your save file? Chances are no. So it was a glitch.

If it WAS a hack you'd have to either:

1) Modify the save file (which, presently, hasn't been publically done)
    2) Develop something like Neimod's RAM utility and modify the 3DS's background

From the sounds of it, you did not do either, so it was a glitch.

4. ScarletCrystals

Member ScarletCrystals Useless Bunny of Paradise

Canada
    That happened to me too...I was like, yay neo bowzer city~ until I noticed it was mirror >_

5. Tsukurimashou
    OP

Japan
    No I havent modified anything and all other races I played online were normal and not mirror

6. Seaking

Member Seaking GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    ....wow, just wow....

after you get over 3k VR there is a chance that a stage that is seleceted will be mirrored. no hacks or glitches or anything like that. i always get mirror races (i have around 5-6k VR)

3 people like this.
  7. Black-Ice

Member Black-Ice Founder of the Church of Renamon

United Kingdom
    Could be nintendo adding another spicy glitch to widen our gaming experience
    and make us crash into walls

EZ-Megaman and ScarletCrystals like this.
  8. Tsukurimashou
    OP

Japan
    Thanks for the reply, no need to say "wow wow wow wow" like if it is logical and everyone know that, I think a lot of people don't know that. Anyway thanks for the info.
    I asked there because in mario kart DS there were a way to modify the rom of the game to unlock all races online and it seemed a bit similar.

1 person likes this.
  9. Fyrus

Member Fyrus Artilleur Carmin

France
    Well, maybe if you just had googled it, you would have known it without having angered someone by thinking of "Hack" first.

10. CollosalPokemon

United States
    wow wow wow wow :P

No seriously this IS logical. Just think: You did NO modifying to the ROM, RAM, Keys, or Save through an unauthorized device. Explain how it could possibly be a hack LOL

11. Eerpow

Member Eerpow *swoosh*

Sweden
    wow wow wow wow

You're the uninformed noob in this case.
    What the Mario Kart DS cheat did was making it possible to pick tracks that were locked for online play.
    So if you played against a person online that had the cheat enabled you would too be able to play the locked tracks, without the need of a flashcart or a cheating device.

12. CollosalPokemon

United States
    That's not hacking...its cheating...

Now, if you per say, modify the Mario Kart DS ROM with something like CrystalTile, Tahaxan, etc to enable the tracks that would be more of hacking.

Cheating =/= Hacking

13. DJPlace

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    ok now i see what's going on... you thought that mirror mode was hacked? it's built in the game... after i read some post... don't say hacked unless the 3ds has been hacked.

14. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    It's pretty obvious that he thought someone else had used a hack of some sort to play in mirrored mode online, which he didn't know was possible. A simple mistake, no need to make fun of him for it. @[member='CollosalPokemon'] : he never said he had hacked it. he thought someone else had.

1 person likes this.
  15. Eerpow

Member Eerpow *swoosh*

Sweden
    Not trying to be an ass here but you can't cheat without a hack of sorts (at least the type of cheating I'm describing in my previous post), just saying.
    The OP saw the possibility of someone using a hack in order to cheat online. (In this case the OP thought that someone else was using a "hack" not himself as you thought.)
    And as of now such a hack is nonexistent.

16. CollosalPokemon

United States
    I'm not trying to be an ass either but you contradicted yourself.

"cheat enabled you would too be able to play the locked tracks, without the need of a flashcart or a cheating device."

"you can't cheat without a hack of sorts" - For now it's a device or nothing since there are no DS lineup CFWs. (DSiWareHax was only available in limited quantity and has not seen CFW) If I remember right, the DSiWareHax can't play retail games yet anyways so there wouldn't be a lot of use in cheating on homebrew...

I knew such a hack is nonexistent.

Although using what your claiming, where hacks = cheats and "you can't cheat without a hack of sorts", I could say because a fire is burning wood, then therefore the wood is fire (note: not on fire). Hacks allow cheating, but cheating isn't hacking. Or wood can allow fire to burn, but wood isn't fire. Just saying.

17. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Do you seriously not get it yet? It's been explained several times, but I'll try to make this real simple:

IF THE OTHER PERSON IS CHEATING you don't need to have cheats enabled to be affected by their cheats. That is what @[member='Eerpow'] was getting at I am fairly certain. No contradiction at all.

18. Eerpow

Member Eerpow *swoosh*

Sweden
    If you read the whole sentence you would know that only one player needed the cheat
    "So if you played against a person online that had the cheat enabled you would too be able to play the locked tracks, without the need of a flashcart or a cheating device."

Yes I know flashcards doesn't alter any system code and are not directly hacks by definition. Most of us here uses the term Hack very loosely and the OP used the term hack to describe running custom code on the machine, I was just trying to make my point understandable.
    The reason why I'm still replying is that I don't like how you treated the OP, he's obviously a less experienced user and should be treated more nicely.

19. Tsukurimashou
    OP

Japan
    Yeah sorry I should have googled it and I know there is no flashcard atm but I was thinking of a glitch or maybe something with the save dongle (I don't know how it work but maybe a modified save). Anyway I understood now and you don't have to laugh of that for days, for someone who already know that maybe it seems ridiculous but I didn't knew that VR unlocked a "new mode" online and people with me in the race seemed really surprising (runing on walls and falling a lot of times out of the race). Anyway I have the answer now, next time I'll google it so you'll have to find someone else to laugh at.

20. gamefan5

Member gamefan5 Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur

Canada
    Ok, are you talking about Mario Kart 7 or Mario kart DS?
    If it's DS, you can't change the course cups unless you use a cheat device.
    If it's 7, the game can randomly change the course cups, and it is more likely to do so when you have a high VS rating.