Mario Kart Arcade Game?

Dylaan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so I went past the arcade up at our local mall yesterday and to my surprise they had two racers with Mario plastered all over them. I think it was in Japanese, or at least some of it was, but it definitely looked playable. I've never played MK:DD, but that's what it resembled the most, although it featured tamagotchi characters as well. (Argh!)

Does anyone have any idea what this is? I didn't get a chance to have a go but it looked cool...

EDIT: This is DEFINITELY it! http://www.bandainamcogames.co.jp/aa/am/vg/mariokart2/ Shame I can't read Japanese...

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That's Mario Kart Arcade GP.

You're lucky you even saw one!
biggrin.gif

dafatkid27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Haha, it blew my mind, I went to the new movie theater right by my house over the summer and they had two of these machines. For something so rare, it was kind of a random place for them to be...

kevo_the_man

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
We have those in a local Arcade here in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Well.. It's in a mall in Burnaby.. Great arcade that gets every new game before anywhere else.. infested with crazy DDR, and music game players.. and The Tekken Canadian championship team.. it's dope.

janitormane

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The webcam feature is definitely the best part of this Mario Kart. Wish they could work that into future console ones!
This is published by Namco and they regularly put cameras in their arcade machines. I don't know if anyone knows the name of these... One I recall is like a 4 on 4 team fortress with mechs. Your picture is above your mech and you try to take majority control.
Another was like Toy commander racer and the player in 1st got a crown put over his head (above the car).

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i played that!!! couldn't snake though...
frown.gif

As far as I'm concerned, that would make the game better. I bitched about that when Ninty had me do a survey about MKDS. We already have power-ups and shortcuts, snaking ruins the balance, IMO.

I'd actually play MKDS again if they could figure a way to disable snaking online.

Dylaan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for double post, but has anyone played the F-Zero arcade game? It turns out they have it at the same arcade as the Mario Kart GP one!
biggrin.gif
I haven't see it, but it's listed on their website!
biggrin.gif
I'm definitely going up there in the next few days!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for double post, but has anyone played the F-Zero arcade game? It turns out they have it at the same arcade as the Mario Kart GP one!
biggrin.gif
I haven't see it, but it's listed on their website!
biggrin.gif
I'm definitely going up there in the next few days!
That'll be F-Zero AX it was by Sega, it was made around the same time as F-Zero GX (Gamecube game) and on some models you could you use your GC memory card with a GX data on it. AX & GX both had different tracks and vehicles but those in the AX one could be unlocked on the GX one. I think the memory card thing enabled players to unlock the AX stuff on the GX version but I just used Action Replay codes instead.

The one at my arcade is pretty damn good but of course lacks the memory card port, shame its a £1 for one credit but the one at my arcade let me play until I lost a race. Mario Kart GP 1 & 2 however required £1 for each track even if you do win which is a bit of a rip off. It was an ok game for me, the tracks are way too wide and control feels a little off but I guess if you play it more you'll get used to it. Namco made it, I'm glad it was never released for GC or Wii as its easily the worst MK of the series.

Edit: Oh and no theres no way you can play it on an emulator for a long time.

Dylaan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you, or anyone played the version that looks like a simulator? (Or is that the only version?)

QUOTE said:
Oh and no theres no way you can play it on an emulator for a long time.
Aw, why not?
tongue.gif
Too powerful?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple