Status
Not open for further replies.

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ah ok sorry.. i have read that from mrbean utube channel:

"This work is based on the recently released browser exploit by Marionumber1, TheKit and Hykem, along with some additional code that Chadderz wrote to get arbitrary kernel reading and writing, to allow the browser to edit Mario Kart 8's memory on-the-fly.

All of this may not look impressive, but it's merely because we don't even know where to start; we can do anything now, anything at all! Custom tracks, custom songs, you name it. We just have to decipher the RAM and work out how.

I hope you enjoy this quick look into what we've been up to recently, and hopefully more to come soon!"

ALPHAMARIOX

A Whole Herd of Ugly
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.alphamariox.com
XP
Country
Canada
He said that this specific set of hacks won't be released, not that there will be no way to perform MK8 mods.

Of course. That way, the online gameplay might be spared the cheaters, at least from their progress. Plus it would be nice to make these custom tracks within tournaments so that you don't affect other people's online gameplay. Also, keep up the good work on the exploit. :wink:

Havn't had that experience on Gears 3 or Halo 4 but I figure older games have been abandoned. Gears 1 has had glitches since launch though lol but most were just "for fun" and didn't affect the match that much. It's still somewhat hard to hack the 360 and play online. Wii is extremely easy to hack so I assume hacking ruins wii online games more (not that I tried playing much, without voice chat you might as well just play against the cpu, save some bandwidth lol).

You have no idea how bad it got for MKWii, at least for worldwide.

ALPHAMARIOX

A Whole Herd of Ugly
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.alphamariox.com
XP
Country
Canada
If you actually checked the video description, you'd see that all he's done here is have the ghost for one track play over another. Not really any cheating potential there. Really, their team seems a lot more reserved with regards to sharing usable examples of their work, so if and when cheating in Mario Kart 8 does happen, I think it's a lot more likely to come from someone else first. Consider how Smealum was, as far as I know, the first one to publicly show Pokemon X/Y hacks, but no cheating has come of that because he hasn't released anything of it yet, and I believe the devs behind Pokegen are making their own progress on that front.
Indeed. More than likely, we'll be able to transfer Pokemon to our 3DS games sooner or later. It is what I call a drag, considering GameFreak tried their best to make EVs and IVs much simpler for gamers this time around.

LOL I'm a pirate and cheater for turning my Wii into a DVD player.

Apparently that's cheating to some people, which I assume why you made that remark. :P

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Right wiiu can't be hacked and will never be hacked" Looks like from what it is shown here it has at least in a small way.

WolfSaviorZX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not necessarily unused, it's the main menu/normal menus, they weren't supposed to be played as tracks.
Yeah I get that now. Just thought it was like a "No data track". Chances are if there anything unused it's not in the game but might have folders hinting of content that weren't put in the final game.

Master0fBlunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I for one, only purchased my Wii U BECAUSE of homebrew/hacks. I ultimately decided ti get a U bc of the kids, but bc I support Big N, and they just got tangled in a lawsuit, etc, and I just wanted to show some love seeing as how the last N platform I purchased was the N64 lol.I honestly was leaning towards a PS4, however I saw leaps being made with the gamepad i.e. using it with other devices (pc/mobile/etc), and I was late to the Wii homebrew scene; (Bought Wii for the kids little over a yr ago); and I was thoroughly delighted that I could :

1. Backup $60 investments bc god knows children+discs=BAD
2. Allowed me to hide the console bc all you needed access to was the sensor bar. (Protecting my $100 investment)
3. I was able to LAN stream media (dvd from pc etc)(god, musta sat through 100,000 hrs of Pixar/etc movies lol)
4. Able to use 2Tb HDD. Zomg!
5. All the homemade games and emulators.
6. I could go on, but ultimately it gave me freedoms over MY machine and MY data that were astounding and honestly, deserved. Homebrew took a semi-dull platform, and turned it into a multifunctional weapon of a media center. In fact I was absolutely hesitant in even buy the original Wii at first, bc lets face it, if it werent for my children the Wii IS more family/young oriented, but I am ever grateful I chose to get a Wii, and I am ever more grateful to those who enabled Homebrew on the Wii. I have high hopes for the Wii U and I would love to see its full potential as the center of my entertainment reached. Btw I hate online cheaters too ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2