Hacking Mario Collection, Will Not Run.

vame536

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Problem #176857475 with my WiiKey Fusion.
smile.gif

So yeah, its hardmodded (Fusion) and softmodded. I have HomeBrew, NeoGamma, PriiLoader, etc, but only really use the softmod to remove the region lock, so I can use NTSC ISOs. Runs all games from disc, PAL, NTSC, etc.

So I've got the ISO of Mario Collection, the Proper, not the bad dump.

If I burn it to disc, it shows up in the disc channel, then when I click it, the screen goes black, and I have to pull the cable out to turn the Wii off.

If I put it in the SD card, I get to the Fusion SD card menu, and it says Super Mario Collection, but no button I press, reset or anything, will get it to load, or indeed do anything.

How do I run this thing? Just a (nother) bad ISO?

Many thanks.

Sao Mortel

Trophies
Website
shoptemp.com
XP
Country
Canada
I have some pal games that won't run on ntsc no matter what. But they will work on Pal setting but my TV don't handle it. Just try with NTSC as video to see if it work. At least you will know its not a bad dump... as to know how to run it id like to know too

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This appears to be another classic "video mode conflict" problem.

You are trying to run it under PAL video mode, but based on the "black screen" problem you have, it is trying to load in PAL video mode, but does not have the PAL video mode data on the disc, seeing as it is a Japanese game.

Or it could also be trying to load English language data which may not be present on the disc, if you Wii is set to English.

Maybe both.

Try loading the game via Gecko 1.9.3.1.

Load up Gecko 1.9.3.1, and then go to settings, then force NTSC video mode and force Japanese language, then select Launch Game, and it should hopefully work for you then.

Of course your TV needs to support NTSC to display it correctly though.

aml435

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't directly pertaining to the tc's issue, but I figured better to post here than a new thread that would have the same title.

I've been trying to run it from USB. Tried 3 different dumps that other people confirm work with usbloadergx (most recent release), running from a fat HD, tried waninkoko's r17 and r20 and hermes 5.1 222 & 223. All of them, when I launch the game, it black screens and locks up the system.
All my other games work fine.

Just wondering if anyone has any guesses how to fix it?
Some IOS I might be missing? Some setting I need to tweak?
I've been trial and erroring it for a few hours and at this point I'm open to suggestions.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah... the collection is just Super Mario All-stars run through an emulator... you literally aren't missing anything. What made the collection a "collection" and "collectable" is the package and all the extras that came with it... not the actual game itself.

aml435

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got them on an emulator.
Would still like to figure out why a title is black screening on my system.

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Would it killed Nintendo to port the GBA renditions of the Mario games instead and also include Super Mario World plus maybe others?
Who knows maybe the USA will get lucky and end up with a Virtual Console version with Super Mario World.
Anyway, there's a 16 MB compressed and scrubbed ISO floating around.
I tried that version with WiiFlow (cIOS 249 rev 17) and it worked.

aml435

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind.
I figured out why it wasn't running.
Something kind of random on my part.

Though after seeing it for myself, I have to agree with the above post.
Couldn't even be bothered to use the gba versions, include the nes version, rebuild the originals on the nsmbwii graphics engine, revamp the menus, or even add the wii health warning screen?

I mean, the games are all still fun and I'm sure the book and cd are cool, but $50 or even $30 for an injected wad run through wad2iso seems pretty excessive.
If they put a little more effort in, I would probably have shelled out the money to import it, just to have it.

vame536

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
damysteryman said:
This appears to be another classic "video mode conflict" problem.

You are trying to run it under PAL video mode, but based on the "black screen" problem you have, it is trying to load in PAL video mode, but does not have the PAL video mode data on the disc, seeing as it is a Japanese game.

Or it could also be trying to load English language data which may not be present on the disc, if you Wii is set to English.

Maybe both.

Try loading the game via Gecko 1.9.3.1.

Load up Gecko 1.9.3.1, and then go to settings, then force NTSC video mode and force Japanese language, then select Launch Game, and it should hopefully work for you then.

Of course your TV needs to support NTSC to display it correctly though.

Ok I did that, and it worked. Thats great.

I did have NeoGamma installed, and tried pretty much the same thing, but got DVD Error 1328.

Many thanks!

As for why bother - its the first time I've tried to get a J-NTSC game to run on my Wii, so I wanted to get it to work regardless.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aml435 said:
Nevermind.
I figured out why it wasn't running.
Something kind of random on my part.

Though after seeing it for myself, I have to agree with the above post.
Couldn't even be bothered to use the gba versions, include the nes version, rebuild the originals on the nsmbwii graphics engine, revamp the menus, or even add the wii health warning screen?

I mean, the games are all still fun and I'm sure the book and cd are cool, but $50 or even $30 for an injected wad run through wad2iso seems pretty excessive.
If they put a little more effort in, I would probably have shelled out the money to import it, just to have it.

If all you were getting was the games, then yes you'd be exactly right, but the purpose really wasn't for the games, but all the other items included in the package (including the sound track and artbook). The reason it's disappointing is because all you're getting is what's literally the throw away part of the package
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)