XP
Country
Canada
Here's how I made it work for SCDSONE

1) Patch it!
Megaupload: http://ilix.in/04864

Read the "read me" it's simple

2) In the file browser (in the SCDSONE),
Set the patch like this: (press X on the game)

[CHECKED] : Enable Patch
[UN-CHECKED] : Patch Speed

Press Save and launch the game

I got past the file selection screen and i'm reading the introduction sequence. Post your experiences.

EDIT: I was Level 3 and 4, then, when i turned on my DS the next morning, my save wasn't... saved! I was Level 1 back again.
Very disapointing to play 2 hours of RPG just to lose it afterwards...

opius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried both patched rom, and unpatched + AR. Still freezes on both Mic test and after you select a file.

I'm also using a DSi with the M3i flashcart. Both at newest firmware.

Maybe it's got to do with the fact that it's the DSi i'm using.

opius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested on original DS model. Same problems.

This could be flashcart specific. I don't have a DS lite to test it on. :c

jamielee321

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
DS Lite (DSTTi) Unpatched - Game loads - Mic test works - Choose save file freeze - Touch screen doesn't respond
DS Lite (DSTTi) Patched - Game doesn't load - White frozen screen.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an SCDS1 and have always been able to do mic test and get to save file, but never could load/save.

In any case, what you linked to is an unpatched version I'm suspecting? That's against the rules, remove it.

I'm trying it now with Enable Patch, and Disabled Patch Speed.

Doesn't work.

What are the rest of your options set to?

EDIT: Patched my version with your patch, didn't work. Mine was untrimmed, unpatched. :/

rylen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No problem here after patching my clean/untrimmed r*m, I've played the game for more than 2 hours and still no freeze or any kind of problem, I can save and load just fine too
smile.gif

I'm using:
DSi 1.4u
EZ Flash Vi hardware[805]
8GB Transcend microSD Class 6
Firmware loader V12
Kernel 2.0 RC5

LeGourmand

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It worked fine until I restarted my DS, just to find that my newest save wasn't there. (I've played for two hours, but it was written 00:19 on the save file....)

Barta

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
LeGourmand said:
It worked fine until I restarted my DS, just to find that my newest save wasn't there. (I've played for two hours, but it was written 00:19 on the save file....)

I have the same problem here. On our DS phat I have to start over everytime. During play I can choose save and quit. On the startscreen select the save and continue.
But when I turm the DS off and on, the save is gone
unsure.gif

On my DS lite and DSi the save sometimes works.

I think there is another secret protection
blink.gif

ArKRaveN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
i can play it fine on my super DSi one card, but now i can't use the x-a-y-b-L-R reset, and it takes longer to load the card when i turn it on D:!

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's possible to play this almost perfectly on a Supercard DS-One, but you 1- need a pretty fast microSD, and 2- might have some longer loading times and slight slowdowns now and then.

1- patch the clean untrimmed rom with the code below using DSATM-

52064138 E1A00005
5206413C E28DDE22
02064138 E3A00001
D0000000 00000000
D0000000 00000000

2- deselect ALL options in the Supercard game menu, that is all patches, speed patches, just make sure all check boxes are UNCHECKED.

3- load the game up, it should work now, no freezes or saves

Be noted that you may now have some weird loading times you didn't have before. Whereas screen transitions such as starting a game, entering a battle, or selecting a save might have been instantaneous before, they can now take several seconds (like 4 or so) to load. This is normal. If your game appears to give a white or black screen for a few seconds, don't panic. I'm up to the beach area so far with no problems so far.

Also be noted that this will NOT work on all SD cards if yours is too slow. If your card is too slow, it will likely give a non-passable white screen on bootup of the rom.

Another note- apparently according to a reputable person on SCDev forums, it's possible to play the game on a slower SD card by selecting the options Enable Patch and Patch Speed (ONLY those two). It might even get rid of the loading and lag issues. I personally didn't have any success with these options checked. I used two microSD cards. One is too slow to play the game, one is fast enough. On the fast one, these options did nothing but cause the game to freeze when loading a file. On the slow one, without the options on, it gives a white screen on boot. With the options, it boots, but has the same freeze as my faster card did. You can feel free to try it.

Final notice- If you DO get the game to boot at all, you will need to manually re enter the supercard firmware every time you wish to back up the save file to your microSD. Disabling the Patch Saver option causes the Supercard to save your game into its own battery. Remember to always go into the supercard firmware to back it up. It does this automatically, and it WILL load it automatically. You only have to enter it and wait for it to back it up.

xamyr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
With granville method i can start the game on a SC-DS one and i can save too... but when i restart the game i cant find any saved game.
Someone have some hints about that?
Thank you

X.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ArKRaveN said:
fast reset plz .-.!
Oh of course, you have two options here! I'm so glad you asked-

1- wait for an update for supercard
2- as quickly as you can, switch off and on the power button and load the game

Statements like that make me boiling mad. You CANNOT have reset on at this moment because you can't have any options checked. What is so hard about that? If you'd rather not play the fucking game, just be my guest and click soft reset. Good luck getting in game. I can't believe how spoiled you noobs are that you whine about not being able to reset right back in the firmware. It's a minor inconvenience to be able to play the damn game. Stop complaining. Just restart the DS if you have to get back to the firmware. I never even USE soft reset.
hate2.gif

xamyr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
excuse me granville.. with your method i was able to start the game (and this was the first time i could...) but as i write some posts above the card doesnt keep the saved game: it seems that it saves in game but when i exit the game and restart it i cant find the saves... you know something that could help me?

anyway thanks a lot for your help
wink.gif

X.

LeGourmand

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum