Hacking Mariko units - market arrival?

scary_dog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody have any confirmation about release date of mariko units or if it is already on sale?
I want to get switch after i get some money by end of this month. Since i live in a remote region, i only can order it online. I don't want to end up with a mariko unit. I'll be getting a switch in another 2 weeks.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It's highly unlikely the release will be announced. It will be a simple internal revision just like the many revision of other consoles. If we're lucky, we might be able tell them apart by model numbers, maybe.

In any case, none of the consoles on the market yet are Mariko. You'd be EXTREMELY unlucky to end up with one within a month.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Anybody have any confirmation about release date of mariko units or if it is already on sale?
I want to get switch after i get some money by end of this month. Since i live in a remote region, i only can order it online. I don't want to end up with a mariko unit. I'll be getting a switch in another 2 weeks.
Switches have fast restocking times though because they sell so fast (and I believe Nintendo is still airmailing them).
5.0 was introduced about 7 weeks ago and could be showing up in stores any day now.

Waiting is riskier than most people here make it out to be.

Reactions: NoNAND

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Switches have fast restocking times though because they sell so fast (and I believe Nintendo is still airmailing them).
5.0 was introduced about 7 weeks ago and could be showing up in stores any day now.

Waiting is riskier than most people here make it out to be.
Yeah, and no point in waiting now since fg will be able to boot into OS in about a week or two.

scary_dog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's highly unlikely the release will be announced. It will be a simple internal revision just like the many revision of other consoles. If we're lucky, we might be able tell them apart by model numbers, maybe.

In any case, none of the consoles on the market yet are Mariko. You'd be EXTREMELY unlucky to end up with one within a month.

I'll try to get my hands on one as soon as possible, but that will at-least be a week at earliest. Is there anyway to differentiate between these revisions?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just bought another Switch online today, I will gladly tell you if it ends up being a Mariko when it arrives.
I think there is no such possibility, but I would really enjoy it being a Mariko, if only to post about it, cause havoc, and watch the outcome in the forums with popcorn in hand.

But if I have to be objective, I would agree with garyopa's estimates.

scary_dog

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought another Switch online today, I will gladly tell you if it ends up being a Mariko when it arrives.
I think there is no such possibility, but I would really enjoy it being a Mariko, if only to post about it, cause havoc, and watch the outcome in the forums with popcorn in hand.
Lol :lol: but seriously i hope mariko does not arrive for atleast couple of months so that more people can have choice to use the exploit.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lol :lol: but seriously i hope mariko does not arrive for atleast couple of months so that more people can have choice to use the exploit.

The sooner the mariko turn up, the more chance there is that they can be exploited. I wish they were in stores now, so i could buy one and store it away....

Naxster

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Stupid question: What is Mariko? Is it something I should wait to buy or just buy a Nintendo Switch, like today? Before a new revisions releases.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How long ago was the Tegra bootrom exploit disclosed to Nvidia/Nintendo?
March 15th(that's going off of the disclosure window which was 90 days and Fusée Gelée and Atmosphére were supposed to come out on or after June 15th, which is the end of the disclosure window).

I could be off a bit but it had to be around then.

Stupid question: What is Mariko? Is it something I should wait to buy or just buy a Nintendo Switch, like today? Before a new revisions releases.
Mariko is going to be the new hardware revision of the Switch. We're basically waiting for someone to post that they can't run any of the expolits and that's probably how we'll learn of it's arrival.

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,

garyopa

Admin @ MaxConsole
Trophies
Website
www.O-P-A.biz
XP
Country
Canada
How long ago was the Tegra bootrom exploit disclosed to Nvidia/Nintendo?

Team Fail0verflow - Jan 12th. / ReSwitched soon afterwards.

But the T214 was already in the works before this by Nvidia, and there is no direct confirmation it fixes all the 'bootrom bugs', there is infact a dozen, of which only one been reported on and now make public.

But T214 (aka) mariko does exist at least in 'development stage', as firmware v5.0.0 starts to support it, and v5.0.2 even more so with extra checks on newer lines of fuses, etc.

Naxster

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Mariko is going to be the new hardware revision of the Switch. We're basically waiting for someone to post that they can't run any of the expolits and that's probably how we'll learn of it's arrival.

Marino is the new switch revision name with patched exploit so buy while you can.

Well then, I guess I will buy one today! :O
Do you guys know when Mariko will be released? In that case I can buy the switch and return it within 30 days...
Or has Mariko already been released?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: