Marble Hornets

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by ShadowFyre, Aug 16, 2011.

Aug 16, 2011

Marble Hornets by ShadowFyre at 10:42 PM (811 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. ShadowFyre
    OP

Member ShadowFyre GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So my friends recently got me to watch the MarbleHornet videos on Youtube. And with like no experience to horror other than cheesy old movies like Chuckie, this scared me sh*tless.
    Does anyone else follow this series?

2. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    If you consider Marble Hornets horror, i'd recommend watching an episode of Scoobydoo.
    That's a huge step up.

Marble Hornets is a complete joke. It has an acting value of about a 5th grade level, if that.

3. Chikaku-chan

Member Chikaku-chan ᏁᎽᎪ~

Australia
    Yeah they are a joke, watch tribe twelve maybe

4. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I watched the series like 4 months ago iirc and didn't find it to be interesting. Only parts that scared me was when you could see Slenderman hidding/popping out in the scenes. [​IMG]

5. Sora de Eclaune

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    I follow the series occasionally. It's kind of slow going (And they're slow to upload), but it's interesting. It's not really scary at all, unless you're easily scared or you're watching it for the first time without being told anything about it. If you're scared by Marble Hornets, go watch Marble Yellowjackets, any random Alex Yelling at Slender Man video, or any of the various Slender Man wants his 20 Dollars videos. THIS even! If you watch those, you will never be scared of Marble Hornets ever again.

But if you want something a bit more interesting (but with the same amount of suck value), try Tribe Twelve.

I'd skip EverymanHYBRID if I were you. The series started off as a stupid fitness webseries, escalated into a Slender Man series, then downgraded to some weird 'tardfest with some mental facility and some guy named HABIT who talks in all caps and some stupid paranormal entity everyone calls "The Rake".

6. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Marble Hornet is one of the least scary things I've ever seen.

Now, obviously horror is subjective. But I just don't find the Blair Witch style of film making to be very effective. For me, what is supposed to be "build up" comes off as "nothing actually happens and none of the big questions will ever be answered". A show can have ambiguity, but some resolution would be nice.

There's just not enough to make me care to watch blurry, shaky camera footage so every now and then I can go, "Ooh, there's a shadow in the back right corner at 1:29 that isn't actually a shadow... it's the Slederman!"

Plus, the show is up to 40 or 50 episodes at this point; has Slenderman/The Operator/whatever even done anything besides just follow two twenty-somethings? The guy needs to find himself a hobby.