Homebrew Marathon on DS?

Ajlr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I've recently heard of a Marathon port on the DS. Strangely, a Google search didn't work. But I've found a rom at an index web page. I booted it up but some files are missing. I got back to the page but the missing files are not on the index.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to think I am aware of all the fun projects like that available for the DS.
I don't think I ever saw mention of marathon or aleph one (the open source spinoff) for the DS though. Wii and various handhelds sure but never the DS. My search of the various homebrew sources and news reports (gamebrew, here, pdroms, logic sunrise, dcemu, maxconsole, gbadev ( https://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14446 being about as good as that gets) has little either.

As far as emulators of operating systems I doubt it -- most things top out in things made in the early 90s at very best, usually late 80s
https://www.gamebrew.org/wiki/Mini_vMac_DS
Mini vMac DS can run up to System 7.5.5, however it is slow. It is recommended using System 6.0.8.
That said in what seems like a warez site (it offered me a nice dmg download) otherwise I would have linked it
Compatibility
Architecture: 68k PPC

Minimum Requirements

68020 processor
256 colors
System 6.0.5 (7.0 for network play)
So maybe. A bundled version of that might also be what you found.

Ajlr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I don't have a pc so I can't convert .sit files to .dsk files. Anyway I heard there was a Chex Quest mod of DS Doom.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also I tried running Chex Quest on DSX86 but it couldn't run. Why?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got back to the page but the missing files are not on the index.
Perhaps you could tell us what the names of the missing files are?

How to boot it up? Does Mini vMac DS support .sit or iso files?
The post above suggests a .dmg image may be appropriate. See https://www.gryphel.com/c/image/ .

Anyway I heard there was a Chex Quest mod of DS Doom.
This has nothing to do with Marathon.

Also I tried running Chex Quest on DSX86 but it couldn't run. Why?
I wouldn't expect an X86 emulator for the DS to be capable of running anything except for much, much older software than Doom. Or at least, not at playable speeds.

Ajlr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Yeah thanks. I was just asking about Chex Quest on the DS. They say the download link is dead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.