Manufacturer With Best Support

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Patryc, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Patryc
    OP

Patryc GBAtemp Fan

Jul 30, 2007
    I am sorry if this has been asked before but which manufacturer supports their products the best. Am thinking about buying a slot one card for my new NDS lite.

2. ShAdOwFuRi

ShAdOwFuRi GBAtemp Fan

Nov 13, 2008
    Cyclo DS I would think...

3. rasputin

rasputin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 7, 2008
    United States
    For game fixing Supercard... slot2's are still getting fixes regualry and fast when a rom won't work, best record bar none.

For pretty menus I don't know.

4. Patryc
    OP

Patryc GBAtemp Fan

Jul 30, 2007
    Thank you for your answers gentlemen.I will look at those [​IMG]

5. 5thdimension

5thdimension Member

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2008
    Canada
    AceKard seems to have pretty good support.

6. UltraMagnus

UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

Aug 2, 2007
    Portsmouth
    cyclo DS, Edge, and supercard seem to have good support. acekard can be a little patchy sometimes (bleach still doesn't work, and a few older games only work with the old loader (by holding the button when launching))

7. Normmatt

Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

Dec 14, 2004
    New Zealand
    Acekard 2 with AKAIO (Official loader sucks).

8. xoinx

xoinx GBAtemp Regular

Nov 9, 2008
    Senegal
    i would say acekard, scds and maybe ezflash for official support. dstt, r4 and acekard is quite widely used to you can expect a lot of support from the homebrew community, ie ysmenu or akaio... and to some extent stuff like menudo and dsision, which isn't really a bad thing too.

edge does have a great compatibility so it's really great as it is, though official updates have been few. team edge usually release an update every 1.5 - 2 months, but nothing major, just a few game patches here and there. don't expect much new features and homebrew support for it if you get it, though it's a solid cart with the best loading times etc.

cyclods is good too, i think the team cyclops is still developing features for it so it may be a good choice too, if you don't mind the high price

9. Patryc
    OP

Patryc GBAtemp Fan

Jul 30, 2007
    Thanks for your help guys... I am looking for a slot 1 and 2 combination that work well together

10. xoinx

xoinx GBAtemp Regular

Nov 9, 2008
    Senegal
    i would suggest an ez3-in-1 for slot 2 since it can pretty much do anything you'd need a slot 2 for, ie boot gba games, rumble and exp ram for opera browser.

most slot 1 have pretty good support for ez3-in-1 so it's up to your budget and choice

11. MistahJelly

MistahJelly Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 2, 2008
    Acekard ftw.

12. Minox

Minox I did it

Supervisor
    Aug 27, 2007
    Sweden
    True, but the Acekard Team is really nice to deal with if you have problems [​IMG]

13. UltraMagnus

Aug 2, 2007
    Portsmouth
    the op specifically asked about support from the team, not from some shade tree developer [​IMG]

14. Normmatt

Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

Dec 14, 2004
    New Zealand
    Watch who your calling a 'shade tree developer' I'm not part of the official team no but i by far provide the best support, games fixes usually come out the day the game is released. Any bugs reported are taken care of swiftly and any feature requests (within reason) are usually added within the week.

15. SoulAnger

SoulAnger MENUdo's Developer

Jul 3, 2007
    Acekard for hardware, Akaio for updates. (Cmon they release a new update almost every week) [​IMG]

16. UltraMagnus

Aug 2, 2007
    Portsmouth
    its not an insult.... its just a moderately archaic term for "hobbyist". ie, someone that does something in the shade of a tree....