Manga...video games...

Joktan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I have been working and getting money and wanted to start getting manga books.I mostly watch anime but I love to read so I kinda wanted to try something new.ok so I was wondering(please no posting a link to the sticky on here) of any good mangas,I know of bleach,naruta,one piece so please none of that.my library has a good selection of mangas so I prob will read some before buying them.I loved death note so I think I am gunna start buying those from my book store,but if I like one that someone sugests good enough I might buy one.so please suggest good ones.I don't like It when the mangas have naked people so please try not to suggest any with that kind of content.

Ok so I also want to get a game or two for my 360.I am really addicted to cod Bo so I kinda want to get a game to distract me from it.I was thinking about bad company one since it's only 8 bucks.but then I also was thinking about call of duty 5 since I never played it.but I broke my copy of mw2(sad day) and I really miss it so I might want to get it...anyone want to sugest any good cheaper games?

Life's good...

Hot as hell in Illinois...

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in my opinion for manga bleach and db/dbz for the actionay manga

now if you like sappy things fruits basket, toradora, maybe clannad truth be told i havnt read clannad but saw the anime

for the funny crap ouran high school host club

theres other but i cant think of them at the moment

also if you like manga think about trying vn's as well clannad is one of the best masterpieces of vn in my opinion.

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
Dude as for all the manga's i read the only one i see that will get my money first is, Fairy Tail. You won't be disappointed. Don't judge this manga by it's anime adaption as it does the manga no justice. Get Fairy Tail my friend. As for the second half of your blog, i dislike Xbox.

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sinharvest24 said:
Dude as for all the manga's i read the only one i see that will get my money first is, Fairy Tail. You won't be disappointed. Don't judge this manga by it's anime adaption as it does the manga no justice. Get Fairy Tail my friend. As for the second half of your blog, i dislike Xbox.
yup as he said also try reading manga of anime you have seen as well its like a different perspective on the whole series.

Thunderboyx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would recommend Ao no exorcist as a manga
laugh.gif

Joktan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea that sounds like a good idea.I am not sure if I want to get death note in single books or the double ways.and I am watching soul eater right now and am wondering if there is a manga for it?I heard somebody say there wasn't.

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
Joktan said:
Yea that sounds like a good idea.I am not sure if I want to get death note in single books or the double ways.and I am watching soul eater right now and am wondering if there is a manga for it?I heard somebody say there wasn't.
There is, but it's future is shaky and may discontinue at any moment i suggest reading it online or just be satisfied with the anime.

Joktan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sinharvest24 said:
Joktan said:
There is, but it's future is shaky and may discontinue at any moment i suggest reading it online or just be satisfied with the anime.
Ok thanks.I am enjoying it alot and know a friend was looking to read it.

Anymore suggestions?!?

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hah, physical manga books... I use my kindle for manga. It's great.
smile.gif
Not saying it's superior or anything though.

As for manga, Yotsuba& is always good

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're into the oldies, Astro Boy is pretty good. It's kind of episodic at first, but some of the plots later are surprisingly dark and complex. And Osamu Tezuka's art style is very unique even to this day.

Since you already like One Piece (You can probably tell I'm a fan) then a similar manga to that aside from Bleach/Naruto would be Dragon Ball. Even though some of the early chapters are boring, it gets better, trust me, and I found it's at least 1000 times better than Bleach and about 100 times more than Naruto.

If you've seen the Gurren Lagann anime (Which I would highly recommended if you haven't) there are two manga versions that are also quite good. The first is just a manga version of the main series, with a few changes made in good taste.
One of the better ones being addressing the unseen romance between Kiyoh and Dayakka
The second one is a pseudo-retelling of the main story as if they all went to school together, however, I found this one to be just a tad too heavy on fan service, and the plot is also a bit lame, so only read if you've seen the series.

If none of these catch your eye, then I have one more that I am sure you'll love. If you've ever seen Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, you might know a manga version was also made. What you probably don't know is that Miyazaki drew the entire thing himself, and this in turn makes for one of the most amazing masterpieces in comics, period. I can't recommended this one enough, especially if you liked the movie. It's better than the movie.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Stay away from the Clannad manga, download the VN with English patch if you need a translation. I recommend Mirai Nikki and Strawberry Panic, most of the manga and LNs I read are in Japanese, but if you have Japanese skills PM me for some really good recs.

alex_0706

darknessblade
Trophies
Website
nolink.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
dude

use the domdomsoft manga downloader

you can get your favorite manga's for free (also english)

the only problem is by most manga's the name of the personages (it is other than in the serie)

MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Manga: Bleach / Katekyo Hitman Reborn! ( Katekyo Hitman Reborn is a great manga!!!! really good, i mean really!) / Giant Killing

Anime: Bleach / Katekyo Hitman Reborn (same as above)

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
manga.... not a lot but just pick.
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/game01

oh and regarding Soul Eater... for me the anime was good, until i read the manga. so many changes. but still the anime was awesome, the manga was just a bit or a lot more.

oh and the person in my sig is gasai yuno from mirai nikki, still waiting for an anime...damn still a long wait.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1