Mandatory Cloud Saving Petition

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone. Here I am with yet another petition but I believe it's something we can all agree on. Tonight I'm starting my campaign to ensure that ALL future mobile apps and games include mandatory cloud saving. In a world where many of us are using multiple mobile form factors, we should not have to play catch-up with our save files and progress between those devices.

As with any petition, the one starting the petition usually has a personal. Tonight, after seeing my wife's heart broken expression after losing her "Friendship is Magic" save file, I decided to say "ENOUGH!" I see it way too often. People with entertainment devices that end up giving them more stress rather than the entertainment they wished for. Yes, we can all joke and laugh and say "meh, first world problems" but, people bust their ass at work and spend their hard earned money. All these companies have been doing lately is screwing people over. I'm TIRED of it!

Below is the link to the petition. Please sign. Cloud saving might not seem like an issue for you now but wait till you begin to ask yourself "why can't I continue my save on the go?" and then it will click with you!

https://www.change.org/petitions/go...tory-for-all-mobile-games-and-applications-2#

Bobbyloujo

I am a millipede, I am amazing.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I disagree. I feel like cloud saving for programmers who are just learning how to make apps could be an unnecessary difficulty for them. You could make a really great game but not understand how to implement cloud saving (I'm not sure how difficult it is, never tried it) and thus you would not be allowed to add your game to the Play store.

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No thanks Taxin' jackson. I really dont see the need for it to be mandatory. If people are to ignorant , lazy or stupid , to back their own shit up thats their fault. Now if said person wants to buy an app that will do that for them so be it. I don't want the added expense of paying for something that I will never use and yes we would all pay for it through higher fees for service if its mandatory. If the file is that important to you , you should have your own personal back up solution , do not rely on others to do it for you. Remember , when you give a man a fish he will eat for a day , teach him to fish and he will eat for a life time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...