Homebrew Managing Wiiware and Virtual console games

cereal_killer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a ton of Wiiware and Virtual console WADs but I can't install them all using the WAD manager because there are not enough slots for channels on the WII. Is there a way to create a channel that would list and launch all my Wiiware wads or something like that?

SieKensou

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It would be great to have a special loader dedicated just to the Virtual Console and WiiWare games but sadly that doesn't exist. You can use uLoader or USBLoader-GX to install them in a "virtual nand" and then launch them from there, but they will be mixed between your other Wii games. There is a custom version of USBLoader-GX that have separate tabs for Wii games, GameCube games and WiiWare games too.
I would like to have all my WiiWare and Virtual console games with a specific app only for those games, but I doubt it can happen now, so we will have to use what we have.

pleasehelpme2

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a ton of Wiiware and Virtual console WADs but I can't install them all using the WAD manager because there are not enough slots for channels on the WII. Is there a way to create a channel that would list and launch all my Wiiware wads or something like that?
You can transfer installed wads to the sd card, that would give you essentially unlimited space

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mighty channels used to do this. your best bet is emunand with usb loader gx (in the features section). I have the entire wad collection backed up multiple times:

upload_2020-9-7_0-6-1.png

Draxikor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is better to create a emunand, there you can install all the wads you want and not use the real nand storage, the only thing is there are some wad games that can't run in this mode you need to make some things to work and in the worst case install on the real NAND but there are few.

Reactions: gZa

Draxikor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have both actually and a toggle switch that goes between them.
And that's cool but is what i say earlier not all USB and HD are compatible with that mode, i have no doubt it works for you in the devices you have but in the ones i use only in SD neek mode works, maybe i have bad luck.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
upload_2020-9-7_12-11-6.png

that is my vwii sneek folder. some files are created automatically but for either sneek/uneek on the wii or wii u you need font.bin the kernel.bin or vwiikernel.bin, and di is optional. you don't need anything else. this is also neek2o.

Draxikor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
View attachment 224140

that is my vwii sneek folder. some files are created automatically but for either sneek/uneek on the wii or wii u you need font.bin the kernel.bin or vwiikernel.bin, and di is optional. you don't need anything else. this is also neek2o.
I know all that bro i try too many things but that dont work on the devices i use hope this helps to the OP

Draxikor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
what happens exactly? black screen or crashing?
I make a post in this forum some months ago and you answer and give me advices about still dont work, i ask other people on other webs but nothing works that's why i reach the knowledge that not all devices are compatible with neek mode maybe a really few don't work but dont worry about it i made other things to play those games.

Last edited by Draxikor,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to have like 17 sneek files until @Cyan told me a lot of them were unneeded. maybe there's something wrong with your compilation of sneek. there's a tutorial on compiling it on hacksden I believe. you use tortoise svn to download it, then there's a bat to compile it. it's pretty easy to do and should be noob proof. that's the tutorial I followed on the wii. neek2o on the wii u I found in a forum. it's not allowed to be upped on here since it contains copyright code. it's also unofficial, so you pretty much have to search. and, it's not easy finding it via google despite it being important.

Draxikor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I used to have like 17 sneek files until @Cyan told me a lot of them were unneeded. maybe there's something wrong with your compilation of sneek. there's a tutorial on compiling it on hacksden I believe. you use tortoise svn to download it, then there's a bat to compile it. it's pretty easy to do and should be noob proof. that's the tutorial I followed on the wii. neek2o on the wii u I found in a forum. it's not allowed to be upped on here since it contains copyright code. it's also unofficial, so you pretty much have to search. and, it's not easy finding it via google despite it being important.
Man i try everything you can imagine it simply dont work on the devices i try to, is not a big deal really, there is about 5 or 6 games that need neek and i install them on the real NAND and problem solved.

Meltlord44

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use wiiflow with multiple emu nands. I have one setup for each vc type and wiiware. Once setup it's really easy to switch between them.

Good call, i just set mine up the same way. Do you know if there’s any other way to switch between the emunands, other than within the emunand settings menu? Would be nice if there was a way to assign them to an icon on the main ui:0
Thanks

mastershoes

GameTDB Mod & Retro Cover Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good call, i just set mine up the same way. Do you know if there’s any other way to switch between the emunands, other than within the emunand settings menu? Would be nice if there was a way to assign them to an icon on the main ui:0
Thanks
I don't know if it's possible to assign multiple emu nands or not, although it would be nice! @fledge68 ?

Reactions: Meltlord44

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: i almost destoryed my friends tv playing it on his wii lmao