Malware Bytes + uTorrent

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by ShadowSoldier, Oct 4, 2011.

Oct 4, 2011

Malware Bytes + uTorrent by ShadowSoldier at 5:53 AM (4,160 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Every couple of seconds, this popup appears saying it's blocked access to a malicious IP. And it only appears when I'm running uTorrent and downloading stuff like shows or something. I added uTorrent to Malwarebytes ignore section but it's still popping up.

And it really only does show up when uTorrent is running.

I've done scans and am using Microsoft Security Essentials and nothing is popping up, any idea? False Positives?

(and before some dick comes in here, yes I've googled it and came up with nothing. It says "Malwarebytes is protecting your computer, its supposed to do it). I just wish I had a way to turn it off.

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    It's the peers connecting to you, and it's part of malwarebyte's paid active protection.

Idunno' how to turn it off, I don't have paid, but when I did I noticed that feature's not exactly useful.

3. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Canada
    Paid? Oh right, I forgot this was a trial of the premium...

4. Clydefrosch

Member Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    install peerblock, they too block ips that have been reported as being either malicious or opposed to peer to peer trades.

chances are, afterwards, malwarebytes wont give you messages anymore, as peerblock stops the connections

5. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Canada
    lol I am not getting peerblock. Had it before fucked everything up, too much of a hassle.

6. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States
    Then just stop malware bytes when you're torrenting. I think you can just open up task manager (right-click on task bar and select start task manager) and find malware bytes then stop its process(es) on Windows. Don't know about Mac or Linux.

If you feel like it's just a nuisance and don't need it, just uninstall it. I personally think that MSE is enough.

7. The_Dragons_Mast

Member The_Dragons_Mast GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    Just right-click the icon in the task bar & uncheck website blocking. If you only want to stop the popup then go to protection & uncheck show tooltip balloon when a website is blocked .

8. I2aven's_Sag

Member I2aven's_Sag GBATemp Otaku

United States
    I've had this problem in the past before too. He's correct in saying that it's simply peers connecting to your PC. On the other hand, I don't think adding uTorrent.exe as an exception to the MBAM program does much good either, it's a bit of a hassle, but the free version, (which is damn fineeeee) too, doesn't have this problem at all. Go figure.