Hacking Making GBA Repro's with an EZ Flash Omega?

Proxy-Pie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Is it possible to only have 1 ROM on the cart and make it run automatically when the GBA boots?
I know something like this is possible with the EZ Flash III, but from what I've been hearing, the EZ Flash Omega handles saves better.

JS7777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you want to make a repro of a game then an Ez would be quite expensive.

Reprograming a botleg cartridge would be cheaper to boot only one game.

Last edited by JS7777,
Reactions: cearp

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
How would one go about doing that? Also, don't bootleg carts lose the save file when the battery runs out?
if you have a programer like the gbxcart which has examples and a list of compatible flashcarts in the manual (link with pictures of the cards here: https://www.insidegadgets.com/projects/gbxcart-rw-flash-cart-support/ )
you won't have the issue of losing the save, you have the ability of backup the save as theese tools provide.
a a good battery usually lasts like 5-10 years...

you can also try joey bags (another usb tool to write\read gameboy carts), its also other option

Last edited by migles,

Proxy-Pie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
if you have a programer like the gbxcart which has examples and a list of compatible flashcarts in the manual
you won't have the issue of losing the save, you have the hability of backuping the save.
a a good battery usually lasts like 5-10 years...

you can also try joey bags (another usb tool to write\read gameboy carts), its also other option
Like I mentioned earlier, something similar can be done on an EZFlash III.

I'm asking theortically if it's possible to do this on the EZFlash Omega, which from what I've heard doesn't need batteries to save, and also has Real Time Clock support.

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The EZ kernel source is available. I'm not sure if the "EZ Flash" logo is in the kernel or in the firmware, but beyond that possibly showing up at startup there's nothing stopping you from making a custom kernel hard coded to automatically load one rom with one set of settings off the microSD card.

psicotron3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the ezflash logo is in the firmware and can not be skipped.

Could the autoloading of a rom be added as a feature on new kernels?

It would be very nice when we are always playing the same game for a while.

Maybe omega couls look for a rom like boot.gba at the root of sdcard.

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...