making GB emulator, anyone wanna help?

Monado_III

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I've started making a gb emulator (mostly for the practice) in C, I've got most of the internals emulated (hopefully properly) and I'm currently working on writing out all the opcodes, however I have no idea how to do the actual gfx/gui (like print them to the screen, not emulate them), the sound and maybe controls (I don't know if what I have currently will work). I could probably do some crappy SDL graphics hack and not do sound but I figured if someone wanted to help I'd ask.

I'll likely have the source up on github by then end of the week if anyone wants to take a look at it.
edit: http://bit.ly/1Rg6Oaf

Last edited by Monado_III,
Reactions: Touko White

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well, drenn, the guy who made gameyob may or may not be able to give you a few pointers, he too coded a gb(c) emulator from scratch in recent years. though his was for ds/3ds.

Monado_III

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well, drenn, the guy who made gameyob may or may not be able to give you a few pointers, he too coded a gb(c) emulator from scratch in recent years. though his was for ds/3ds.
I would ask, but he hasn't posted since Jan 2 :/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sounds like a pretty cool project, I'd take a look if you have a link?
thanks, feel free to make a pull request, those files should compile but they won't run anything

Monado_III

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I fixed some issues, but now
Code:
glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT);
and
Code:
while(SDL_PollEvent(&event))
are causing segmentation faults :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5