Hacking Making Emunand?!

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. emuNAND is only available on GateWay for 3DS v4.X. (Not including redNAND)
2. If your 3DS is on v6.2 and you never made a NAND backup when it was in v4.X, then you can't flash back to v4.X.
3. No, you can't use someone else's NAND backup to downgrade as it won't work.
4. The K3DS, Sky3DS, R5SDHC are both exactly the same. They work on the latest v9.X firmware, but also have many limitations.
  • They're a 1:1 copy of a 3DS cartridge.
  • 10 Game limit. (From what I read)
  • Can only switch games with a press of a button. Takes about 6 seconds to switch.
  • No region unlocking. (If you have a US 3DS with K3DS, you can only play US 3DS roms.)
  • Quite possibly very easy to be blocked by Nintendo once they come out since Nintendo can just send out an update and block them.
  • Can't use homebrew.
  • Can't use modified roms (I found someone who partially undubbed a game, but only works with GateWay.)
  • Can't install .cia (DLC+eShop games)
  • Almost twice as expensive as Gateway.

Pawed

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
India
KJ1 Buy a DS flashcard; I recommend Supercard DSTWO since it has all of the features you could ever want + updatable (works on 9.2.0)

As for a 3DS flashcard, currently at the time of writing there isn't a "confirmed" working flashcard on >4.5. Wait for a confirmed working flashcard to come out and then go for it I suppose, although you might want to read up on them - they only support up to 10 games.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
HA!
HAHA!
HAHAHA!
you sir just made my freaking day XD
no offence, I am seriously cracking up right now
for that I will even give you an internet, you earned it

He's right, though.

If he don't want to sell it's actual 3ds and buy a 4.5, there is no way to play games except than buying them for now (the 9.x flashcards we are talking about aren't released yet).

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
He's right, though.

If he don't want to sell it's actual 3ds and buy a 4.5, there is no way to play games except than buying them for now (the 9.x flashcards we are talking about aren't released yet).

did I say, I disagree with him?
if I disagreed, why would I have given him an internet?

Reactions: jajhohner

Shinitai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
You have an option that I don't think has been mentioned yet. Make a backup of your current NAND, then update. Restore the backup when you want to go back.
This requires a hardware mod, though. Look it up if you're interested.

KJ1

Old Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
India
You have an option that I don't think has been mentioned yet. Make a backup of your current NAND, then update. Restore the backup when you want to go back.

OK, where to look it up? Can you gimme the link?

Pawed

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
India

Umm.. that wouldn't let him achieve anything..? He wants to get a flashcard to work on his 3DS, hence him asking how to make emunand so he can get back on 4.1-4.5.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're still thinking about getting emuNAND on v6.2, just stop. Right now, the only public way of making an emuNAND is by using a Gateway + DS Flashcart (to install Gateway menu). Even if you made a NAND backup, it's practically useless since you'll get no benefits from it unless someone found a major exploit similar to the one on v4.X and released a way out into the public and you want to flash back to v6.2 after updating to v9.X which, of course, is very unlikely. Other than that, there's no way to create an emuNAND on the firmware you're currently on. The only solutions are you start learning about programming and mess with your 3DS by yourself and try to achieve the same results as other devs, buy a v4.X 3DS with Gateway online somewhere, or update to the latest firmware and BUY THE GAMES YOU WANT AND SUPPORT THE COMPANIES. If you can't buy the games, get a job and save up money.

Shinitai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Umm.. that wouldn't let him achieve anything..? He wants to get a flashcard to work on his 3DS, hence him asking how to make emunand so he can get back on 4.1-4.5.
No. Read his post again. He never mentions "getting back on 4.1-4.5".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe the Amiga or ST version is nice....