Make a dump of my games ?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Cortexfou, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Cortexfou
    OP

Cortexfou GBAtemp Regular

Apr 14, 2016
    Belgium
    Hi,
    I have some disk games for my WiiU but I want to dump these games to have all my games on my SD with loadline. How can I do that ?

Also, what about the saves ? Do I need to take my save from my WiiU and put it in my SD ? How can I do that ?

Thanks for your anwser.

2. Jayro

Jayro MediCat DVD and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    I hope some day somebody makes a Disc-To-USB ripper app. Install directly from Disc to a digitally installed title. Much like installing a disc game on Xbox 360/One and PS3/4.

3. sascha024

sascha024 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Hi

Ddd title dummer
    Or wudump
    MfG

4. Wuigi

Wuigi GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2012
    United States
    You can use wudump and wud2app from Fix94 and afterwards wupinstaller to install your games to a HDD.
    The loading times are much better than from SD and you don't need any hacks after you installed the games, game mods that only modify the content folder of the game are also bootable this way although there is a bit more effort involved.
    Saves are also reusable from the internal storage you have them located.

Last edited by Wuigi, Feb 7, 2017
  5. Cortexfou
    OP

Apr 14, 2016
    Belgium
    Install games on the hdd is good but the risk of brick is there isnt it. And I also have a hhd for my wii and ngc games. Can I put my wiiu games on it and keep my wii and ngc games ?

6. thekarter104

thekarter104 GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 28, 2013
    United States
    Nope, because on the Wii U, the HDD must be formatted to a format the Wii U can only read, so it isn't possible to keep everything on 1 HDD at all :/

7. Cortexfou
    OP

Apr 14, 2016
    Belgium
    And what about the brick ? I am so scared about that.

Last edited by Cortexfou, Feb 7, 2017
  8. Wuigi

Wuigi GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2012
    United States
    I don't think that there is a brick risk at all.
    Damaged/unsigned tickets of a game would lead to an error popup forcing you to restart when launching them without signature patches and the installation data isn't even on the Wii U itself but an external drive.

Because you are using perfectly valid signed tickets from the wud dump, you won't encounter any problems at all except the install data on the sd card was somehow damaged, the sd card is damaged or there isn't enough free space, but they both will not lead to a brick, just the error popup or the Wii U will automatically handle the unfinished install then you won't even notice anything.

When you encounter such problems you can simply uninstall them from the Wii U data management and retry, it's perfectly safe, I have my whole library transfered this way and except the TMS Uncensored patch, it was always straight forward.

Last edited by Wuigi, Feb 7, 2017
    NexoCube likes this.