Majora's 360 Case Mod Progress

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Devin, Apr 21, 2013.

Apr 21, 2013
  1. Devin
    OP

Member Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    Introduction:

I've been wowing over Xbox 360 case mods for a while now, and they cost a ton. So with some thinking, and ideas from a few friend I decided to try to create my own case mod. First came the idea sketch.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

I planned on cutting out the Majora's Mask using my dremel, sanding it down, spraying it with some purple spray paint. I also will spray paint the faceplate, opposite side of the 360 case, and the disc drive's embezzle. Was also thinking about spraypainting the HDD's case just for that added touch. Below the dremeled Majora's Mask will be a layer of plexiglass, and under that red LED lights.

Putting the plan into action:

Went out to the store today, and bought some supplies. I found a perfect purple paint, as shown below. I am using a spare 360 case for testing of design and such, it will look much more professional once finished.

Next was the design. I carefully printed out a large copy of the Majora's Mask and cut out the parts I didn't need. Then I filled in the cut parts with sharpie to tell me where to cut with my dremel. I did mess up a little on the right side, but that's okay since these are spare cases. I'll be more precise on the actual casing.

And that's it for now. Tired, and yeah. More updates to come. This will be my first case mod. :lol:

Sicklyboy likes this.
  2. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    Sweet~

I'm going to be a dick and point out that you've cut the logo out on the wrong half of the case ;p
    But since their spare test cases, neato!

3. Devin
    OP

United States
    Aye, noticed that once I finished. Going to have my artist friend to make it again on another spare casing to see if he can do it better.

DinohScene likes this.
  4. Devin
    OP

United States
    Part of the painting done. Going to paint the DD's embezzle red, as well as the memory card posts and sync button. And find a cool design to put on the power button.

[​IMG]

5. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
  6. NightsOwl

Member NightsOwl Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)

United States
    I'm also interested in how this will come out.

7. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    Excuse me while I never post again but watch this intently, hoping that your case mod comes out brilliantly.