Hardware Magic-NS + Gamecube Adapter incompatible?

Ian095

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I bought two Mayflash Magic-NS sticks and hoped that since they have female USB ports on them that I could still plug in the Gamecube Controller adapter. Boy was I wrong, I'm assuming because the adapter uses 2 USB ports that despite also using 2 sticks it doesn't detect the Gamecube controller at all maybe due to failure to communicate or sync?

So, the main point of this thread is, is there a known method that makes both work (through the docks USB ports)? Or if not then I guess I'm better off returning the Magic-NS sticks in favour of the Gamecube controllers I'm guessing...

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
huh? what exactly are you trying to do?
Mayflash Magic-NS + Mayflash GC to USB (1 controller for pc) adapter?

why not just use the existing gamecube adapter (4 ports) for wii-u + switch? the switch has official support for the official one and clones should work too.

Ian095

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
huh? what exactly are you trying to do?
Mayflash Magic-NS + Mayflash GC to USB (1 controller for pc) adapter?

why not just use the existing gamecube adapter (4 ports) for wii-u + switch? the switch has official support for the official one and clones should work too.

The Dock has two ports. I thought if I plugged one Mayflash Magic-NS in each that the Gamecube adapter could then plug into them and still work. I had doubts and of course I was right in doing so as it doesn't work. I just wanted both to work but neither work with the other.

I actually found a slight solution to my problem though, turns out you only need the black USB cable plugged in on the Wii U Gamecube adapter for it to function and the other is for rumble, so I plugged the Gamecube adapters black USB into the 3rd USB port I found hidden at the back (guess that's usually for ethernet) and then everything works (except the Gamecube controllers rumble) which would be nice to fix but I do think that's as good as it gets unless I only use one Magic-NS as you can't even stack those themselves (so the point in it also having a female USB end is beyond me, just for charging, I guess?).

Hoping anyone who has a similar issue when smash bros is out will find this thread at least. Nowhere on the internet seems to really mention they don't mix well, but they for certain need their own dedicated USB ports with nothing inbetween. Grey on the adapter can be left hanging (no rumble on the Gamecube controllers though).

Though if anyone knows a solution that would make both work (other than the obvious use one less Magic-NS then that would be great)!

Last edited by Ian095,
Reactions: GizmoTheGreen

Ian095

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What you're looking for is a USB hub.
I was thinking that but does anyone have a guarantee the hub would therefore allow all of them to work at once? The devices only seem to work if they're connected directly to the switch Dock otherwise the console just doesn't know they're there or something. I guess I could possibly buy one just to try but I have my doubts

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The Dock has two ports. I thought if I plugged one Mayflash Magic-NS in each that the Gamecube adapter could then plug into them and still work. I had doubts and of course I was right in doing so as it doesn't work. I just wanted both to work but neither work with the other.

I actually found a slight solution to my problem though, turns out you only need the black USB cable plugged in on the Wii U Gamecube adapter for it to function and the other is for rumble, so I plugged the Gamecube adapters black USB into the 3rd USB port I found hidden at the back (guess that's usually for ethernet) and then everything works (except the Gamecube controllers rumble) which would be nice to fix but I do think that's as good as it gets unless I only use one Magic-NS as you can't even stack those themselves (so the point in it also having a female USB end is beyond me, just for charging, I guess?).

Hoping anyone who has a similar issue when smash bros is out will find this thread at least. Nowhere on the internet seems to really mention they don't mix well, but they for certain need their own dedicated USB ports with nothing inbetween. Grey on the adapter can be left hanging (no rumble on the Gamecube controllers though).

Though if anyone knows a solution that would make both work (other than the obvious use one less Magic-NS then that would be great)!
If it is the 4 port Mayflash one, it should work without MAGIC-NS.

Ian095

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it is the 4 port Mayflash one, it should work without MAGIC-NS.

I've been using the official Wii U Gamecube Adapter. The Magic-NS sticks are just for using Xbox/PS4 controllers. If plugging them all into a hub does work though then I guess that's a solution though I have a feeling it'll just work for no explainable reason.

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
So, did you ever test this out? I'm torn between buying two 8BitDo adapters or two Mayflash adapters. Also torn on buying a hub or not. Currently have a Mayflash GC adapter.

@Ian095 did you follow through?

Ian095

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, did you ever test this out? I'm torn between buying two 8BitDo adapters or two Mayflash adapters. Also torn on buying a hub or not. Currently have a Mayflash GC adapter.

@Ian095 did you follow through?

Sorry for the delayed response, I was told one USB is just for rumble so it is indeed possible using a third port only using 1 of the 2 USB connections. Don't remember which one though. It should work that way, just means no rumble on the GameCube Controllers.

Reactions: NFates

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)