Madworld freezing

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by MaGnUmKiLLa, Mar 20, 2009.

1. MaGnUmKiLLa
    OP

MaGnUmKiLLa GBAtemp Regular

Feb 20, 2009
    United States
    United States
    I've been playing a burnt copy of Madworld for the past little bit and I have to say I absolutely love this game but, I've heard some people say their burnt copies froze at a specific part. I don't remember exactly what they said all I remember is they said something about like a bull in a china shop or something. Has anybody here had this problem or know the part I'm talking about? I really want this game to work and if it's going to freeze on me that's going to kill my soul.

2. martin18

martin18 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2009
    my copy freezes at the start of bull challenge,this is a well known bug which is mentioned on every site concerning this game,im still hoping that someone can post a workaround for this bug as the game is fantastic up to this point.

3. MaGnUmKiLLa
    OP

MaGnUmKiLLa GBAtemp Regular

Feb 20, 2009
    United States
    United States
    Do you have to play that challenge? or can you just skip it and go thru the rest of the game

4. Joey90

Joey90 Not around any more

Apr 21, 2007
    UK
    I've had one freeze during the 'darts' challenge on the second level. I haven't tried again yet.

5. wellieterror

wellieterror Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2009
    Search the forum and all your questions will be answered. The problems i had were my ntsc one froze part way through the 3rd level and my pal one froze at the bull part I had done all the updates so i could not figure it out however i done updates again and the ntsc one still freezes same place but the pal one works a treat.

6. Minho

Minho Member

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Yeah mine freezes about 20 minutes into play.

7. CheatingSoi

CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

Apr 4, 2007
    United States
    Wisconsin
    I've burned 2 copies and both of them don't work. I put it in the wiu and get the disk channel title with the guy saying mad world then I click start and it goes to a black screen. I've tried differnt launchers and none of them work. I'm downloading the game again and gunna burn with a differnt program at a different speed.

8. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    my copy has never frozen once not with bulls or darts. must the the discs your using. and burn at 4x!

9. crezwell

crezwell GBAtemp Regular

Apr 14, 2008
    Cannock,England
    My Regionfrii'd NTSC froze on me last night at the end of level 2 i think it was.
    It also freezes everytime i press the Home button, which i tend to do accidently quite a lot!!

10. sgwiiboy

sgwiiboy GBAtemp Regular

Nov 5, 2008
    Same here. No such problems for me. 1st disc used played the game through with no freezes. Now playing through a second time and still none.

I am beginning to think that maybe it's because I am not using preloader, softmii, cioscorp etc. Just HBC and Gamma with CIOS36 Rev8. What are you running out of interest.

11. Joey90

Joey90 Not around any more

Apr 21, 2007
    UK
    Gamma + CIOSrev8

I only got the freeze that one time, and it hasn't frozen since.

I think it possibly froze because I managed to get a bull into the drats minigame, and when it went into one of the mini-cutscenes the bull started attacking me.

12. Filter

Filter GBAtemp Regular

Aug 23, 2008
    United States
    Froze on me twice hasn't done it again. Both freezes happened when I was jumping.

13. Rainy

Rainy GBAtemp Regular

Feb 6, 2009
    What version are the people who dont get freezes using? pal?

14. theradiantchild

theradiantchild Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2009
    United States
    mine froze at the beginning tutorial stage 1 :-/

15. kevenz

kevenz GBAtemp Regular

Oct 20, 2008
    Canada
    is there a damn fix for this? my game froze twice when the bull boss appeared.

I have gamma and cios rev10.

16. DM357

DM357 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2008
    No freezes. Using gamma with the 002 fix and rev 10.
    Also no freezes with USB loader 1.1 or 1.4.

LG drive though.