MadWorld - black screen

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Salaskan, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Salaskan
    OP

Salaskan Newbie

Newcomer
    May 13, 2007
    Netherlands
    I just burned the NTSC version of MadWorld on a DVD-R disc with ImgBurn. When I put it in my (PAL) Wii, it recognizes the game, but when I start it I just get a black screen.

I have a Wasabi modchip, and it worked flawlessly so far, though the most recent game I've burned other than MadWorld is probably Boom Blox, so I don't know whether this problem is caused by some anti-modchip protection on newer games. For what it's worth, my firmware version is 3.1E, and I haven't modified it manually. I would update it, but I'm afraid I'll brick my Wii or render other copies unplayable.

I've searched the internet for quite some time looking for a fix for this problem, but I'm not really into the modding scene, and I don't understand most of the explanations given. I read that I needed something called the "Gamma Launcher with 002 fix", but I don't know where I can get it and how I should install it. For what it's worth, I usually just burn a game and play it, and I don't have anything like the Twilight Hack or the Homebrew Channel.

Could anyone assist me with this? Thanks in advance.

2. WalkerD

WalkerD GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2008
    Canada
    You son of a bitch....

3. Salaskan
    OP

Salaskan Newbie

Newcomer
    May 13, 2007
    Netherlands
    What?

4. Meowayne

Meowayne GBAtemp Regular

Sep 22, 2008
    Gambia, The
  5. MickeyBlue

MickeyBlue GBAtemp Regular

Oct 21, 2008
    Belgium
    Starting the game Mad World via the Backup Launcher Fix Gamma 002 and works perfectly;) but does not work on the Wii disc channel.

6. eric_4_life

eric_4_life GBAtemp Regular

Nov 10, 2008
    Canada
    OMG!! I'm tired of people saying that it doesen't work in the Disc Channel!! IT DOES!!!!!! I am running it using Softmii 2.1.1 and it works fine. A lot of people say it gets a black screen after the white warning screen, but if you just wait about 25 seconds, it works 100%. Although, a lot of problems may be related to PAL people playing this NTSC games

7. sgwiiboy

sgwiiboy GBAtemp Regular

Nov 5, 2008
    I'm PAL and I can run through Disc Channel as well.

8. Salaskan
    OP

Salaskan Newbie

Newcomer
    May 13, 2007
    Netherlands
    Thanks for your comments. Yes, I knew I needed the Gamma Backup Launcher from reading other topics, but I don't know where to get it and how to use it. I'm kinda new to this modding scene...

9. Salaskan
    OP

Salaskan Newbie

Newcomer
    May 13, 2007
    Netherlands
    (bump)

10. WalkerD

WalkerD GBAtemp Regular

Oct 1, 2008
    Canada
    Try the search button maybe?

11. Salaskan
    OP

Salaskan Newbie

Newcomer
    May 13, 2007
    Netherlands

12. afif95

afif95 I own a bungalow on Mars, and booked 4 corner lots

Nov 24, 2008
    Malaysia
    Malaysia!
    Try reading the stickies possibly?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice