• PC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Computers SUK!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty self explanatory. Which one do you think is the best?

For me, it would be a PC. I just CANNOT stand Macs! They do not feel like a real computer to me...

Also, try not to make this into a flame war...

SavageWaffle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Someone close this topic please, quote "Also, try not to make this into a flame war...", Mac and PC, were to start. They are both big ass companys, of course this would start a flame war idiot.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Nin10doFan said:
For me, it would be a PC. I just CANNOT stand Macs! They do not feel like a real computer to me...

You're not helping much.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Nin10doFan said:
Pretty self explanatory. Which one do you think is the best?

You're a freaking donutbag. Any person will only start this kind of topic to initiate a flame war. That's all that can come of this.

Either way, it's been reported to the mods -- Don't be a flame starter, or a fanboy. Nobody cares what you like more.

EDIT: Edited for profanity, I felt I was too harsh.

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Well PC's are cheap and doesn't cost much to get a powerfull pc but losses their worth VERY quickly.

Macs are expensive and more luxury than a PC. And they keep their worth in many years.
Old iBooks G4 on 1.3Ghz still sell for 800$!

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flame bait aside, there are probably 20 polls around this board already asking the same question.

Duplicate threads are trash-material as well.

Evilkoko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mac laptops are my favorite. Great design, great features and with boot-camp you get the best of both worlds. Desktops I stick with pc&windows. Easy to build, easy to upgrade, and easy to maintain.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mac laptops are built well hardware wise and look good, but they are still overpriced for what they are. Especially AppleCare; something like it should come standard with a product like a macbook. My brother has one, and its nice, but still too expensive and I can't see myself using it for serious purposes.

That being said, Windows based laptops offer a better price:Power ratio at the cost of the occasional Windows-induced headache. The best part is that Windows has the biggest range of software, especially software from small companies no one knows about that are often quite good and overlooked.

And of course there is Linux. Its not fair to compare it, as it can be the best OS and the worst one, there are just so many different flavors. Look at the eeePC, the Linux OS it comes with is probably better for it than Windows XP is, as it is made specifically for the eee's specs and runs just as fine as a notebook with good specs running a generic windows installation.

In the end, it all comes down to what you're gonna use it for.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
I assume this is OSX vs Windows.

As PCs run any OS.
Oh wait, so do the intel Macs.

In fact, I can't think of a reason this is self-explanatory...

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
People ask me this all the time, because i am a mac user for several years now. I do think Mac OS X is far superior to any Windows in terms of stability and although Macbooks and Imacs are overpriced i think its worth it because of the design of the hardware and even the looks of it. Anyways i dont think Macs are a wise decision for everybody. Really depends on what you do with a computer. If your main task on a computer is games, get a pc you can upgrade over time, if you do alot of graphic design and video and web stuff, macs will make your life easy. So here is the pros and cons of using a Mac:

Pros:
-Gourgous, tastefull and incredibly stable OS that doesnt get virus (at least yet) and rarely ever gives any problems
-Professional Video Editing works better on Macs, plus the apple software for it are pretty good.
-With Bootcamp you can install Windows Xp SP2 or Vista and run your Mac like any other Pc if you need it.
-The Best Pc design in both hardware and asthetics.
- The Pro line of computers (Macbook Pro and the Mac Pro) are fairly priced, especially the Mac pro.

Cons.
- The mouse that comes with it is cute but really doesnt work well, and the ergonomics are terrible.
- Upgrading a Mac is impossible in terms of graphic card and processor, unless you get a Mac from the professional line
- Overpriced performance for the Mac mini, Imac, Macbook and Macbook Air.
- Installing a 64 bit version of Windows Xp and Vista is not officially suported for almost all models except the Mac pro.

In terms of programs n stuff for mac , you would be suprised on how any little programs exists for mac and most of them are simply great to work with. For myself i do alot of graphic Design and video so macs are for me, i also need sumtimes old programs and i like playing games on the pc so i have Windows xp installed aswell in case i need it.

Regards

SavageWaffle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mods should start working on a system, or start putting up volounter signs, to stop theses people. Close+Remove theses kinda topics that start flame wars.
"Mac VS PC"
"Sony VS M$"
"Nintendo VS Sony"
WE DONT GIVE A CRAP DAMN IT.

Damademan3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.davidcblake.com
XP
Country
United States
Im using a PowerMac g4 with Dual 1.25ghz PowerPC Procs, my mac runs as fast as any vista or xp computer. However my mac will hold more apps open at 1 time without slowing down vs any pc. I was just in Best Buy today and talked to a guy that said o my ipod wont connect to my pc anymore. I told him if it was a mac you would have no issue and if it was a mp3 player having a issue just delete its info out of the mac and boom it works.

And im not starting a flame war as i been hearing it called. I chose mac, i used both and still have a windows xp laptop here. I beta tested longhorn and vista. Let me tell you tho Longhorn would have been a much better os than vista if they would have listened to the developers. dumd ms

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damademan3 said:
Im using a PowerMac g4 with Dual 1.25ghz PowerPC Procs, my mac runs as fast as any vista or xp computer. However my mac will hold more apps open at 1 time without slowing down vs any pc.

I doubt a mac with a power pc processor will out run a PC with a intel quad core extreme with 4GB DDR3, quad-crossfire\tri-sli\quad-sli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv