Mac/Steam Problems

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by imshortandrad, Feb 9, 2012.

Feb 9, 2012

Mac/Steam Problems by imshortandrad at 9:40 PM (852 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. imshortandrad
    OP

Member imshortandrad GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So I've been having problems with my steam since I updated it the other day. Every time I go to open TF2, it will just stay on the loading screen after the valve logo appears. I then have to force TF2 to quit and then I see that Steam "unexpectedly quit" and it says to re-open it. I have a Macbook that is version 10.6.8. I usually don't have any problems but this is just irritating. I'd really appreciate any help. :(

2. russel

Newcomer russel Newbie

Antarctica
    Try deleting the clientregistry.blob file found in USERFOLDER/Library/Application Support/Steam, this should force steam to reupdate. If this didn't work, delete everything in that Steam folder except for the Steamapps folder.

3. imshortandrad
    OP

United States
    Thank you so much! It worked and I have been playing without any problems so far. I appreciate the help :)

4. shum lewis
    This message by shum lewis has been removed from public view by a moderator, Dec 6, 2016.
    Feb 10, 2012
  5. imshortandrad
    OP

United States
    I don't think I can help you with that, but hopefully someone can find out for you! Maybe posting your own thread about it can get some more help. :)

6. imshortandrad
    OP

United States
    So it's doing the same thing again. I tried deleting the rest of the files besides the steam apps one and it still crashes. I want to play my games and I really need some help. I don't know what else to do.

7. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    Reported. Asking for warez, CD Keys, etc is against the rules.

As for your problem imshortandrad, if deleting everything including the steam apps folder doesn't work you might require a redownload and reinstall of TF2 which...kind of sucks.