lecture.gif

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PC's because Macs are soo damn expensive. I could build a decent PC for $400 and the Mac of that same stuff would be close to $750. Also because you need Wine or a VM to run stuff made for Windows.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pretty much agree. Now that the Mac has shifted to Intel, there is absolutely no justification for the prices Apple is charging for their hardware... Or for me to pay it when there is iDeneb.

MacOSX is good stuff, but I can't think of a single Mac exclusive program that would compel me to switch permanently. Hell, almost every Mac owner I know has stuck Bootcamp or some such on their Intel Macs so they can run Windows and all the software they can't under MacOS.

Not trying to trash Macs in anyway, but the fact is they lack the software library a Windows box has access to and they're over priced. If I were interested in that I'd buy a SAM440 and run an OS I really enjoy.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Mac, I'm hopefully about to switch by the end of the month. I have had hackintoshes running in the past, and now it's time to get the real stuff.
wink.gif

Windows 7 is pretty damn good, too, though.
tongue.gif

Uchiha Obito

Trophies
XP
Country
Well pretty much of the reasons to choose PC have been said but I really like the design of Mac laptops... Still here in Portugal the versions of Mac that come out are what Americans used 4/5 or more months... And if you are complaining about $750 try to buy one here... The cheappest I saw was 1150€ which is +/- $1300 or something like that...

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Goten said:
Well pretty much of the reasons to choose PC have been said but I really like the design of Mac laptops... Still here in Portugal the versions of Mac that come out are what Americans used 4/5 or more months... And if you are complaining about $750 try to buy one here... The cheappest I saw was 1150€ which is +/- $1300 or something like that...

Yeah, cos Apple consider euro = dollar.

The former part of your statement is twisting the plot a bit. We have the exact same models that are commercialized in the US. When Steve Jobs announces them on the keynotes, he says they're immediately available in the US on that day...here it takes like a week and a half to arrive. So not that far behind, because we have to consider shipment days and availability overseas.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I'll always be a PC man. More variety for cheaper prices. It's what I got into after the Commodore 64.

To be honest, I've never really messed with a Mac and have never known anyone who had one that actually used it. I'm just being honest here. Other than vids, I've never seen a Mac running in real life.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Tripple booting Mac Windows AND Linux, but I generally prefer the feel of a Mac, and the hardware is just top notch
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu