Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jazvdb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gotta go with PC, everything is still on the PC.... Whereas the Mac, you'll hard time finding every single thing you need....

But i didn't say I don't like the Mac, it is still pretty cool....

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sephi said:
I prefer the pc, more useful to me. I also dislike how mac os works, don't think I could really get used to it.

mac os is just a UNIX system which is really fun for programming and quite easy to get a hang of
biggrin.gif

but i have to go for PC because a mac costs, what? like £1000 for a laptop that you could put together yourself for much less!

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I want a mac but one grand for a computer?! Thats just too much. I want one due to the OS and how it looks but whats so special about it other than that?

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
vergilite said:
Sephi said:
I prefer the pc, more useful to me. I also dislike how mac os works, don't think I could really get used to it.

mac os is just a UNIX system which is really fun for programming and quite easy to get a hang of
biggrin.gif

but i have to go for PC because a mac costs, what? like £1000 for a laptop that you could put together yourself for much less!

uh.. you cant put together a laptop yourself. you can get one custom made from a certain selection of parts. but thats about it. the extent of laptop modification is ram and harddrive. though some of the old dells and acer's you could swap in new cpu's ad gpu's.

Im a bit of both. one main thing about mac osx i like is that its pretty prone to viruses, rare slowdowns and its look. im actually tempted to install leopard on my current laptop, over my fedora install. the main that draws me away from mac is its support for games is pretty small. but then again i barely find myself playing games on my desktop/laptop these days. with a laptop, i want something that doesnt slowdown, quick and easy to use and does all the things i want it to without much hassle. macs do that for me, apart from the hefty pricetag.

IzzehO

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm going to stick with windows considering my room mate (A multimedia undergrad) spent a ridiculous amount of money on an underpowered mac just to end up using boot camp and running windows the whole time. It just doesn't have the support for well.... anything I use.... For the money it costs to buy a mac I could build a computer twice the strength and emulate the (at most 2) apps for mac I might want.

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm a PC.

I have a hackintosh netbook, but I never boot it in that configuration. I was like, what's the point?

Learning the ins-and-outs of MacOS was about the same as learning to speak Norwegian. Unless you live in Norway, knowing the language will do you little good. Same thing about Macs. Unless you are in an environment where you need to power-use them, there's little point in learning the ins-and-outs.

Macs are often seen being used by want-to-be-hip 30-somethings, elitist liberals, or folks from the Marketing department (a combination of the two).

- N

P.S. No offense to my Norwegian GBATemp brethren was intended.

P.S. Every offense to my Marketing GBATemp brethren was intended.

théo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have both but I mainly use my MacBook Pro. The PC, I built it myself for 360 hacking, 360 game burning/ripping and everything else that I might need a PC for like more game related hacking and stuff. (except pc gaming because I really don't like playing games on pcs or macs)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol