Homebrew MAC address changing (No, not serial number)

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
We (me and PF2M) use AuReiNand and rxTools.

Any chance you two are below FW 11?

Also, update to latest nightly Luma3DS (for Aureinand),
as apparently FW 11 updated friends module, and the firmware.bin (which is technically below 11) previously didn't spoof that requirement,
so after a while after FW11 was up, all online activity became blocked. (or something like that)

so using latest Luma3DS nightly may fix online connectivity problems.

edit:
latest 5.5 for Luma3DS fixed the problem, try it:
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

(in case unaware, Luma3DS is the latest version of Aureinand)

Last edited by Queno138,

Deleted member 355359

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mongolia

as apparently FW 11 updated friends module, and the firmware.bin (which is technically below 11) previously didn't spoof that requirement,
so after a while after FW11 was up, all online activity became blocked. (or something like that)

I actually can't really test anything anymore since my 3DS is bricked (nothing related to anything in this thread)
It isn't just on the console side, because trying to sign in to id.nintendo.net gives the error "This Nintendo Network ID cannot be used."

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have my bricked O3DS that I could try and take the wifi card from, though I don't think I have the supplies needed to open it up.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

edit:
latest 5.5 for Luma3DS fixed the problem, try it:
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

(in case unaware, Luma3DS is the latest version of Aureinand)
He calls it AuReiNAND because his 3DS bricked months ago and he doesn't know that it was completely rebranded... say, why was it renamed anyways?

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I have my bricked O3DS that I could try and take the wifi card from, though I don't think I have the supplies needed to open it up.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

He calls it AuReiNAND because his 3DS bricked months ago and he doesn't know that it was completely rebranded... say, why was it renamed anyways?

probably due to the CFW war nonsense..

anyhow, some CFW runs using an older firmware.bin, so sometimes updates for friend modules or other modules that online connectivity required,
breaks online usage, and older versions of CFW probably is affected.
(laced strongly with assumptions here)

but since unable to use the Nintendo Network ID on the computer, it's just odd.

Perhaps used the wrong region rom to play online (like maybe they detected US Mario Kart ID on europeon 3DS or something)

Usually the temporary bans comes from bad private headers, but if running cia roms,
that's one of the only reasons I can think of..

Deleted member 355359

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mongolia
Perhaps used the wrong region rom to play online (like maybe they detected US Mario Kart ID on europeon 3DS or something)

Usually the temporary bans comes from bad private headers, but if running cia roms,
that's one of the only reasons I can think of..
We both have legitimate copies of the games we want to play online. If we had that kind of ban, it would be a different code starting with 002, and bypassable with the serial number change method, which we have already tried. Since Nintendo Network doesn't work on PC, we got a ban that is linked to both our accounts and our MAC address, our MAC address because we cannot make any new ones.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
We both have legitimate copies of the games we want to play online. If we had that kind of ban, it would be a different code starting with 002, and bypassable with the serial number change method, which we have already tried. Since Nintendo Network doesn't work on PC, we got a ban that is linked to both our accounts and our MAC address, our MAC address because we cannot make any new ones.

well I tried to help ><

Well most bans are.. so far temporary, right?

I don't know how to change mac address or how to spoof it.

Perhaps use NTR to dump the ram to see where in the ram does it store/transmit this data,
and before going online, write the desired mac over the ram value?

(I mean, I read about writing over data in order to use certain games on NTR streamer, assumed something like that may be possible?)

Drakia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, because talking about our computers is considered "criminal activity", and we should be arrested. Seriously, post your specs on Miiverse. You WILL be banned. Also, posting memes should be a thing. Should we be banned?
Did I mention arrest? No, I mentioned bans. When you start using services such as the Nintendo Network, and MiiVerse, you agree to terms of use, they normally entail not screwing with the service, which you did.

It's like if I found a way to inject JavaScript into GBATemp, even if I just used it to make some flashy signature, I'd get banned, because I'm breaking the rules of the forum (Injecting something I'm not supposed to be able to add to my signature).

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did I mention arrest? No, I mentioned bans. When you start using services such as the Nintendo Network, and MiiVerse, you agree to terms of use, they normally entail not screwing with the service, which you did.
He's talking about the fact that any posts you make about coding or things like that are deleted for "criminal activity" reasons, even if you're just making a script. It had little to do with bans.

Reactions: 20mark

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1