Hacking M3SDphat (Slot 2) not working, help?

Kirby102

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey guys,

Haven't used this in ages... It was my very first DS flashkit
tongue.gif

Just asking if anyone could help me figure out what the problem is with my M3 Perfect SD phat (Slot 2) device. It's not the slim, it's this one:

eb8vt3.jpg

When I put the SD card in, it wouldn't load, but when I don't have it in, it gives an error in the loader saying that there is no SD card inserted.

Thanks heaps.
biggrin.gif

PS: If I can't revive it/confirmed dead (I want to play GBA games again D: ), just posing this question: Is it possible to use Rein to back up HG/SS? Cause I would like to load my current save in my AK2i into the legit game cart.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check the battery. What you can do is remove it and if the card loads then you know for sure. Funny thing about M3 cards is they don't work with dead batteries.

Kirby102

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pliskron said:
Check the battery. What you can do is remove it and if the card loads then you know for sure. Funny thing about M3 cards is they don't work with dead batteries.
Hey,

Just pried it open. Still wouldn't work D: Here's what I've done:

I've taken out the battery... one of the connectors broke off, oh well gotta solder it on again...
17rcyf.jpg

Here's a pic of it without the battery.
11hbiwk.jpg

Surprisingly it does load... without the SD card >_> hence, the error.
29yqr92.jpg

But then when I put the card back in... and turn it on:
dy4spw.jpg

Blankness D:

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tested the battery. I'm wondering if it's not going to work unless you have a good battery in it. There's one more thing I can think of. I had a lite version that was having contact problems and I had to put a paper shim unter the board to get proper contact and be able to load games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill