xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
Toni Plutonij said:
I'm not much of a fan of side loading microSD, because I never take out my M3 Real out of NDS..I just take out microSD (that's the reason why I like spring mechanism)..

But the cart itself looks very good built..looks like the plastic is thick!!
you must have really long and thin fingernails to be able to do that O.o
I have short fingernails and manage to be able to get it out without taking out the M3 Real (thanks to the spring)

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xJonny said:
Joe88 said:
Toni Plutonij said:
I'm not much of a fan of side loading microSD, because I never take out my M3 Real out of NDS..I just take out microSD (that's the reason why I like spring mechanism)..

But the cart itself looks very good built..looks like the plastic is thick!!
you must have really long and thin fingernails to be able to do that O.o
I have short fingernails and manage to be able to get it out without taking out the M3 Real (thanks to the spring)
Same here.
smile.gif

Hardly ever take the M3 Real out.

ridgecity

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Any idea if the Sakura will ever be released? I think all the waiting has done a great damage to the brand... if there weren't all these people hacking...

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fear the spring-loaded mechanism in my Real. If it's late at night and I'm not fully awake, there's the risk the card could spring out and land directly into my drink.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I got a real what was not springloaded - wanna buy it? My DS is getting so scrwd that i need maybe to sell my flashcarts - kinda bummer-

or i just gather money again for my mad doctor repair processes.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
m-p{3} said:
Might be the time to upgrade from my R4.

One question though: If I get the iTouchDS and put the M3 Sakura modified firmware on it, will it be able to boot backups without issues?
Yes you will, but it would be better if you buy M3 Real, because in order to run Sakura on iTouch, you have to hack it...and in further upgrades, if somebody doesn't hack it, you won't be able to run it....so, my advice would be to get M3 Real, it's worth extra money...and be sure to get Perfect Bundle, because Sakura uses GBA expansion cart slot 2, so it could run faster and smoother..

QUOTE(JereTHEend @ Aug 30 2008, 07:33 AM) I got a real what was not springloaded - wanna buy it? My DS is getting so scrwd that i need maybe to sell my flashcarts - kinda bummer-

or i just gather money again for my mad doctor repair processes.
Erm, why would you do that, sell your flashcarts?!?! Just fix NDS, you'll be sorry later if you don't...
What's up with DS, broken hinge?! Battery dieing?

m-p{3}

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
Well I managed to get a running version of M3 Sakura for my R4 and it works perfectly, at least for multimedia purpose. I applied the translation pack, renamed the m3sakura.nds to _DS_MSHL.nds to make it boot from the second firmware icon, and replaced the dldibody.bin by the R4tf_v2.dldi. For the game backups, i'll use the original firmware to make them boot.

The Clearlooks skins is very nice and readable
smile.gif

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, that's old news...plenty of sites have had the firmware all put together for R4 users for over a month. I removed it because I hated seeing all of my roms and folders within Sakura (just kept reminding me that I couldn't get it to run fully and it frustrated the living hell out of me!). Instead I replaced it with Yasu's custom DSTT firmware (plays roms too, but not homebrew) and put moonshell as a .nds file to load from within R4 games section (for homebrew & multimedia).

Now, if you can get the roms to load within Sakura on it, then I'll be impressed
wink2.gif

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
m-p{3} said:
I personally moved all my music/video files into the /Multimedia folder, and locked M3Sakura to the current folder (M3 Sakura options - GUI Settings - Lock folders). This way, I cannot access the roms which are in /Games

i made same with my card what had just and only clannad anime series.

It is good idea on other carts, yes, but you can launch homebrew with other carts - just replace the DLDIbody.bin file .... and so on >.>

.>

... do not hate me all others who also (like me) have real, i also have cyclo and did that trick with it...

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
That's actually very good idea for someone who is using Sakura on other cart than M3 Real.....Really good....I'll maybe do that with my CycloDS...
If there were also a method to lock the options themselves so that no one could modify them, one could pass off the M3 Real as strictly a "movie player" and use it in public clear of conscious.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, there are two versions of Sakura released....One with multimedia and homebrew compatibility, but no ROM support at all, under the name 1.11
and
one with full support of ROM dumps and multimedia & homebrew, under name 1.11x..
So there is "fully legal" version of Sakura.....but noone uses it!!
nyanya.gif

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm sure most are using 1.11x - but I think you may have confused/mislead other cart users with your post. Just to clarify.....its only plays roms on M3Real. Not on R4, etc. You even had me going there for a minute.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yeah, I see the mistake, sorry for that..
I meant that Sakura is ONLY for M3 Real cart, so naturally, both of those firmwares are M3 Real only, you can hack them though..
But there is NO hack that allows playing ROMs on any cart other than Real..

littlestevie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Toni Plutonij said:
Yeah, I see the mistake, sorry for that..
I meant that Sakura is ONLY for M3 Real cart, so naturally, both of those firmwares are M3 Real only, you can hack them though..
But there is NO hack that allows playing ROMs on any cart other than Real..

and lets hope it stays that way, it will destroy m3. im guessing that they are dedicating many many hours and $$$ on it for it to be taking so long

if others can use its full capability, then m3 get no money back in hardware because everyone with an AK2 or TTDS or any other shitty $2 clone card.

why buy a M3 when card x is this and can run the M3 firmware 100% for a fraction of the price.....

it will kill the already limited support we have gotten lately

EDIT: clarification

tKo HaXoR

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
no! no cyclo support! cyclo is perfect already, you wouldn't want it to mooch of m3 sakura! also, iTouch shouldn't be left out.. it needs the official m3 sakura cuz without it, it sucks monkey nads

Edit: Disregard the above nonsense, i wasn't thinking!

Cerepol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Imagine what could be done if Team Cyclopes and the M3/R4 Team got together (maybe invite the Supercard Team). It would be the only choice for a Flash Cart it would also be superior to all the ones we currently have it would be an awesome cart
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny