Hacking M3Real DS bricked my DS

misanthrope

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
And no it was not a bad rom or homebrew, it was not even being recognized when turning it on as usual and now it gets no power with or without the m3ds real. When I plug the ac power it blinks for 1 second then shuts down and still no power at all.

So are the M3 guys going to stand behind their poorly constructed, failure prone device and get me a new Nintendo DS?

budrow66

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Were you useing the rumble/ram pack? That and the new model have done that to a few. The new models have CPE printed on the bottom right of the back of the M3Real card. A few of thoose cases were just blown fuse.

misanthrope

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
After a month? It does the exact same thing after I outright removed the battery: the amber charger light flashes for 1 second then turns off, no power.

This was perfectly fine and I had no power problems as soon as I got my M3DS Real only now it wont turn back on even after removing the m3ds real and gba expansion from the system.

Are you there G6 guy? Your products brick DSes and I will make sure everybody on this forum knows it, Don't ever buy M3.

misanthrope

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Were you useing the rumble/ram pack? That and the new model have done that to a few. CPE is printed on the bottom right of the back of the M3Real card. A few of thoose cases were just blown fuse.

No but I was using the gba expansion though. It does has CPE. I don't think I should pay Nintendo $75.00 plus $7.99 shipping just for a blown fuse. Thats almost as much as a second hand DS.

budrow66

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I understand that completely. I was rather disappointed with the performance of mine but every day I read about another bricked DS...Starts to make you wonder about whats going on.

naes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What kind of microSD card were you using? I am sticking behind my idea that the M3 is picky about microSD cards.

misanthrope

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
scandisk 2gb but I dont think its the microsd, the DS wont turn on even without any games inserted on it at all.

no glory

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also had a M3 Real Blow the fuse in a customers DS. Lucky for him I was able to bridge the fuse with some solder and get it working again. What caused this was the circuit board inside the Real is not centered where the gold contacts are and it shorted out across two pins in the DS. My advice would be to make sure you have purchased the extended warranty for your DS. That way you can swap it out at the store if something goes wrong.

C

chaindog

Exactly the same story with my younger brother. He got his DS replaced but is this just going to happen again on the new one if it's the fault of the M3?

tguellich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also had a M3 Real Blow the fuse in a customers DS. Lucky for him I was able to bridge the fuse with some solder and get it working again. What caused this was the circuit board inside the Real is not centered where the gold contacts are and it shorted out across two pins in the DS. My advice would be to make sure you have purchased the extended warranty for your DS. That way you can swap it out at the store if something goes wrong.

Can you post a picture of the fuse that blew so others may try this same fix that worked for you?

misanthrope

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well my regular warranty must still be good but im out of luck one more time: Nintendo says they can't find my serial from the PoS and I can't find the receipt, store won't cooperate unfortunately.

What I am going to do is return my M3DS Real ( luckily I do have the ticket for that one ) and hopefully I might be able to at least partially cover the cost of repairing...or at the very least enough money to at least buy a GBA SP or partially cover the cost of a new DS.

Im still really pissed off about this deal however, I think im better off hunting down used games in the future than trusting chinese jerks with their DS bricking "technology"

naes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well my regular warranty must still be good but im out of luck one more time: Nintendo says they can't find my serial from the PoS and I can't find the receipt, store won't cooperate unfortunately.

What I am going to do is return my M3DS Real ( luckily I do have the ticket for that one ) and hopefully I might be able to at least partially cover the cost of repairing...or at the very least enough money to at least buy a GBA SP or partially cover the cost of a new DS.

Im still really pissed off about this deal however, I think im better off hunting down used games in the future than trusting chinese jerks with their DS bricking "technology"
That Chinese joke is not appropriate. How would you like it if I made fun of how illegal Mexicans work for pennies an hour in the US?

no glory

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you post a picture of the fuse that blew so others may try this same fix that worked for you?

[/quote]

I found the info I needed at this page

Blown F2 Fuse

The Fuse that went bad is the F2 fuse

I want to add this is not something to try unless you are experienced with soldering surface mount components.

gcstr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am guessing that the real problem would be the plastic case that M3Real uses - it doesn't have the contact guides that others do so it is easier for the contacts to be shorted out.

naes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you there G6 guy? Your products brick DSes and I will make sure everybody on this forum knows it, Don't ever buy M3.

Don't ever say that again. Or I will hunt you down and brick your DS again.
My M3 Simply is the best thing that ever happened to me.
I'm sure he meant the M3 DS Real though
tongue.gif

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I am guessing that the real problem would be the plastic case that M3Real uses - it doesn't have the contact guides that others do so it is easier for the contacts to be shorted out.
I had wondered about that. Both my R4 and M3Real don't have the plastic guides. I can imagine it shorting out if something conductive get between them. Are they hard to manufacture or something?

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Some flashcarts had accidents which caused it to screw up or something and sometimes its not designed very well so if it did have them, it wouldn't make any contact at all.

pnut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, how about the fact that you are getting mad that a basically illegal cart you bought so you can steal games (as proof by your admission it would be better to hunt used games) caused a malfunction.... Sorry dude, no sympathy here. That is the risk we all are taking to do what we do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1