Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So which do you recommend?

These are the ones i can buy

http://discoazul.co.uk/acekard-2i.html

http://discoazul.co.uk/m3i-zero.html

i read the flash cart faq and it seems acekard has faster updates, but m3 has more functions like RTS and RTG

and in the included pack in m3 theres a power cable for the ds?
what does that do exactly? and does acekard have one?

and updating these two, you use a homebrew in the ds, copy some files to your sd card or another way?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Personally I'd steer clear of the M3i, I only had bad experiences with mine.
If you're looking for a cart with advanced features then the Supercard DStwo is a better bet.
Otherwise the Acekard 2i is just great for simply playing the games.

That discoazul.co.uk doesn't have particularly good prices by the way, they look to be a few Euros more expensive than Shoptemp.com

SparkFenix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the problem i have with shoptemp is its not portuguese, so not much luck in convincing parents to buy from there

thaks for your help everyone ^^ im gonna go with acekard

too bad i cant use WFC since my router has WPA2 security QQ
not even fixed with the dsi, but was it fixed with the DSi XL?

naruses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend you getting a Acekard 2i, why cause basically there´s almost not anymore updates from the M3 Team Also, Acekard 2i is an better flash cart which gets constant updates from the AKAIO team, and on top of that it works with 1.4 update, so go here:Acekard 2i from Shoptemp this is GBATemp official shop website in which you will get an excellent customer service. Believe me you will not be dissapointed with Shoptemp.You may also want to try the SuperCard DSTWO from Shoptemp the new flashcart which includes: Almost perfect DS Roms Compability, RTS(so you can save the game whenever you want and then continue it there), In Game Guide(to be able to open walkthroughs, game guides and more), In Game Cheat(be able to use cheats while on game, Stylish GUI, and an antipiracy patch database, a GameBoy Advance Emulator.Also in future releases(which the team Promised): DivX/Xvid movie playback(which will accept many formats like .avi,.divx,.xvid, and many more instead of the troublesome .DPG video format which most flashcards just accept), Snes Emulation, and many more. And it also comes preflashed for 1.4. You may also want to check GBATemp's SuperCard DSTWO Review

ANSWERS

That M3 Power Cable its for updating its Bootstrap so that it works with DSi Firmware 1.4, however Acekard 2i doesnt has it cause it is not necessary.

Yes, for the M3 you need to put the files on the micro sd and it will update itself.However, on the acekard you need an DSi pre- 1.4 firmware and put the files on the Micro SD and open them and it will update.

BTW, if you meant updating the software(GUI,OS,Firware) of AKAIO or M3 Sakura, you just download the lastest updates and replace the old ones.
PS: If buying an Acekard 2i put the AKAIO firmware, find it on GBATemp.net on the downloads Section, AKAIO is the best firmware avaible for the Acekard 2i.

Also, when your Acekard arrives(if you order it) follow this guide: Acekard 2i Setup Guide made by tk_saturn to set up your acekard with the latest firmwares and update it so that it works with 1.4 update.

If you do not have an friend DS, DS lite or a DSi (on 1.3 firmware) a friend with one you may want to order in shoptemp a micro SD Card and Premium Update+Flashing Service so that it is ready to play outta the box.

SparkFenix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well actually i was having a look in shoptemp

and with hongkong mail the shipping is free
i live in portugal is there an estimative as to how long it takes to arrive?

and yes i read the faq it was very helpful and i will use AKAIO since it has great support with games
i had an R4 clone and dragonball origins 2 still doesnt work

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Shipping from HongKong can take a while, it can be anywhere from 1 week to 1 month. All the packages i've had sent have taken less than 2 weeks. ShopTemp seem to send them quickly enough, the hold up is at the HongKong post office. For that reason I would always select the registered mail option.

If you view the Acekard 2i on the ShopTemp, I'd select the "Flashing Service" when you add it to the cart. The reason being that if someone has manually flashed it to 1.4, you should be guarenteed a working flashcart. Saves the hassle of sending it back.

You cannot use WPA/ WPA2 on any flashcart, regardless of if it's a DSi or DSi XL.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, it will be ready for 1.4 out of the box. This costs an extra $1 on it's own, or $2 if you are purchasing it with a MicroSD card. It's $2 with the MicroSD card because they format it and set AKAIO up, and include a selection of homebrew.

SparkFenix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Great ^^

Then ill pay the extra 1€ for it

Thanks for the help
happy.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you asked this question in the acekard section therefore you will get acekard biased answers
same if you asked it in the m3 section where you would get m3 real as the better cart

you should have asked this in the general flashcart section

SparkFenix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
True, but the acekard is cheaper, has better teviews in shoptemp and is known to update faster for new games

I dont need save states, and guides i can use my laptop

Unless the M3 has a good game compatibility and fast updates

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Personally If I wanted RTS, i'd go for the EZ-Vi or DSONEi. Both of those teams seem pretty active at the moment, especially Supercard.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SparkFenix said:
too bad i cant use WFC since my router has WPA2 security QQ
Any router that supports WPA/WPA2 should be able to use WEP.
While WPA2 is more secure than WPA and more secure than WEP, the difference isn't much anymore.
If WEP is an unlocked door, then WPA2 is like an unlocked window. It takes a little bit extra effort to get in, but just about anyone can do it.

QUOTE(SparkFenix @ Jul 7 2010, 11:17 AM) not even fixed with the dsi, but was it fixed with the DSi XL?
DSi and DSi XL both support WPA/WPA2... in DSi mode. NDS games (including retail carts) run in DS mode, not DSi mode.
So in short, NDS games cannot now nor ever will they be able to use WPA/WPA2 wireless connection.

Djay187

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just wanna let you know I've had so many problems with my AK2i that I've gone back to my M3i zero. The card's cheap because it's really badly made, you might find as soon as you take out of the box it won't work. It has really bad contact issues, there's a number of guides on how to stuff bits of paper in it, the paper trick, to make the contact better, but I still had games freezing.
AKAIO is a lovely piece of firmware and all praise to Normmatt for that but as for the offical team they haven't updated for months, worse than the M3 teams updates, it's like they've totally passed the buck to Normmatt to release fast updates, which he does and I wanna add my problems haven't been due to AKAIO.
I might of been unlucky but I just use my AK2i for games that don't work on the M3i which really isn't that many, I've just never had any problems at all with my M3i.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Finally got Killer Instinct Gold running really well on the Pi 4