M3i Zero not working with DS Lite

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by ysuki, Oct 8, 2009.

Oct 8, 2009

M3i Zero not working with DS Lite by ysuki at 6:33 AM (1,617 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. ysuki
    OP

Newcomer ysuki Member

United States
    Well my friend asked me to check his cousin's DS Lite (Pink) because he couldn't get the M3i Zero to work. I flashed it again with fcore to be sure and tested it on another DS Lite (Black). Sakura loads and play games fine on the black DS. I put the cart back onto the Pink and still not detected. I tried a R4 clone (SDHC Extreme or whatever it is) onto the pink and still no go. It works on the black DS though. M3i zero & R4 works fine on my white DS too so I'm stumped.

Is there something different with Pink DS Lites? My friend said store bought commercial games load fine on Pink. I've never encountered with this problem before so I would like to know if anyone with a Pink DS had this problem?

Of course, I tried to search GBATemp and google but I get more FCore v1.4 and DSi threads instead of Pink DS Lite related-information.

2. g6team

Member g6team GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hong Kong
    This maybe a contact issue. Try cleaning the contacts.

3. ysuki
    OP

Newcomer ysuki Member

United States
    I already tried cleaning the contact areas of the flashcart and the contact area as well. I've tried holding the flashcart in and apply slight pressure hoping it would make contact but still no go. At this point I think my friend is just going to craigslist his M3i Zero and let his cousin stick with commercial carts instead.

Summary form:
    Pink DS (the one with the problem): Loads commercial games fine. R4 clone and M3i Zero are not detected even after cleaning the contact area and also applying slight pressure.
    Black DS (to test the M3i cart): Loads commercial games fine. R4 clone and M3i Zero both works.