Hacking M3i Update Coming SOON (NEXT MONDAY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Sterl500 said:
Darkii said:
Hey,

Just wondering do you have to remove the games/homebrew folder and only have the system / F_CORE.DAT folder to update?

Mine just gets a solid light

All I did was remove the F_CORE.Dat and put the new one on there, then flash it.

And you know I wonder if they will continue to try to develop this to see if the is even a way to put thier icon back on?

There's no way to get there own icon back with the checks Nintendo does on the carts.
The have to act as real gamecarts to boot and the icon/txt is an essential part of that.

Zantom07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Darkii said:
Hey,

Just wondering do you have to remove the games/homebrew folder and only have the system / F_CORE.DAT folder to update?

Mine just gets a solid light

I think that's because you don't have enough power attached to your M3.

-----

I don't think M3 did much work on this. They were lazy in my opinion. They spend the most time getting out an update, then it turns out to be an Acekard doppelganger. Something just tells me that they just waited for something like acekard to release their update, then took the code, put it in a F_CORE.dat and sent it out.

donelwero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I think Zantom is right...

Nvm I've got one Dannykard 2i and a Danny3i Zero.
unsure.gif

TimeKillr

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm also unable to update (I get a static red light on my device).

After carefully looking at the contacts on the USB cable, it seems like the - connection is scratched and it most likely doesn't conduct electricity anymore.

I'll check to see if I can fix it. Otherwise I have a hunch that I could just strip a USB cable, find the +5v and -5v leads and stick em in the cart. Unless there's a resistance in the little rectangular spot on the end of the cable, it should work beautifully.

ReddPaint

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shrodes said:
Hmm, how do you actually update it? I see the pdf, but my M3i doesn't have an LED, and doesn't seem to do a thing when I connect it to my PC. Did I get ripped off with a fake? Will there be a way to update with another DS?

EDIT: Bought it here: http://www.bamboogaming.cn/shop.php/flash-...ing-/p_150.html

I'm not sure, but I think I read somewhere that www.bamboogaming.cn was controlled by Chinese mafia, and they were selling knock-off electronics out of a warehouse in Queens, NY. Unfortunate, if that's the case, most likely you have a cloned flashcard.
cry.gif
In the future, consider purchasing from GAMEBYGAME.com, formally known as "Dealwoot". You will be assured your product is real, because they are a reputably dealer with a strong and steady past. They usually don't have the cheapest prices, but I believe the extra cost is well worth the better customer service, and decent shipping speeds.

kampang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also could not update
frown.gif

I got no blinking ... but static BLUE light ...

I tried twice ... even once I have to reboot my PC because the microSDHC was not recognized anymore when I put in my SanDisk microSDHC reader.

Fortunately, when I put it back to the m3i-zero, it is still working fine ... with Nintendo firmware R1.3E.

Anyone, who also got static light, does it work now?

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
4coolday.com is an awsome site to
anyways atleast the update is released

@ kampang: take everything out of your card and put it on your computer
then format your msd
after that put the new F_CORE.DAT and take ur msd and put it in your m3i 0
then flash it
if that doesnt work then i think u have a defective of fake card
maybe its not the card but its the cable but anyways if that doesnt work then i dont know wat to do

kampang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anaxs
smile.gif

Confirmed. It worked! At least the flashing part was working.

I copied all files and folders to my PC ...

Format the microSDHC card (FAT32)

Copied the new F_CORE.DAT file

Flashed ... blink blink blink ... wait until off ...

Now, I am copying back the files ...

anaxs said:
then format your msd
then flash it
maybe its not the card but its the cable but anyways if that doesnt work then i dont know wat to do

rooker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
anaxs said:

then format your msd
then flash it

If you get a solid light this is what you need to do. I had one update just fine and another that required a formatted SD. I don't know why.

kampang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that's strange ... but anyway, it is ok now.

I have updated to 1.4E ... downloaded FlipNote and DSi Browser ...

Tested couple of games ... worked fine!

rooker said:
anaxs said:

then format your msd
then flash it

If you get a solid light this is what you need to do. I had one update just fine and another that required a formatted SD. I don't know why.

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well for some m3i 0's u have to reformat the msd
its good to see that ur cards work now
i had to format mine but i didnt try updating it without formatting it so i dont know if mine required the extra work

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AFAIK but not tested I'm sure I read somewhere you don't even need a PC USB port to supply the voltage to flash the M3i ....Just something with a POWERED usb port to update your card so even some TV/SATELLITE decoders your PS3 etc that have a powered USB port will also be able to perform the flash although..... On the other hand you will still need a PC to copy the FCORE to the mem card which also uses a USB port so kinda defeats that object lol! DOH!

D

Deleted User

Of my two M3i, one flashed perfectly, dropped in F_CORE, plugged in the usb cable, wait 30 seconds, done.

The second, I tried the same process, except I hit the solid blue light, instead of the blinking light. Here's how I fixed it.

First, I took out my SD card, plugged it back into the PC. Windows 7, in all it's glorious wisdom, told me the card had an error, and that it could fix it for me if I liked.
Well of course I wanted it to fix the card! Clicked the fix button, 2 minutes later, plugged the sd back into my M3i, plugged the M3i back into the flash cable, bam, it works.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What would be good is if the flash cart makers, wrote a utility to allow you to point to the image of a real game so the icon and name data can be extracted and added to their own firmware. It would then create you your own firmware file complete with game icon of your choice.This would also mean with no specific game to look for it would make Nintendo's task a lot harder to block the cart as currently all they need to do is look for a difference in the Danny Phantom original cart and the fake cart and block any that are wrong. With no cart specifically to check as every card could be different it would make life harder for them.

Another thing this is a different fix to the Ak2i. If I am correct the AK2i can be blocked again easier than the M3i. Let me explain why. If you put the M3i in a DSL the icon and text is Danny Phantom if you put the AK2i in the DSL the icon and text is for the Acekard. This means that the Ak2i still contains the icon and title for the Ak2i card itself, which in turn means that Nintendo can look for that and block it. The M3i has Danny for both the DSL and DSi so it will be harder to block.

Soiidus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wish they chose super mario or something, i dont want to turn on my ds and look at danny phantom... o well. its a start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?