M3DS Real firmware choises?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Zelbano, Mar 25, 2009.

Mar 25, 2009

M3DS Real firmware choises? by Zelbano at 11:25 PM (1,700 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Zelbano
    OP

Newcomer Zelbano Member

Sweden
    I have a "M3DS Real" card and is wondering if I can change firmware from the original, M3G6 one, to some other (Im currenly using M3G6_DS_Real_4.3a x40)? And if so what firmware should I choose and why? Ive seen alot of people talking about Sakura something, but I havent found anyone explaining why I should choose it or what difference there is between the "original" firmware and Sakura.

And what is a good place to get the latest firmwares from? I currently getting mine from http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

2. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

read the M3 SAKURA FAQ here

the new 1.35 loader now includes both SAKURA and the 4.3a X (Touchpod) loaders in a DUAL BOOT function as standard [​IMG]

3. Zelbano
    OP

Newcomer Zelbano Member

Sweden
    Ok, gonna read that post, but from what I saw, when just looking at it, it didnt explain the difference between the "original" (is that the same as "Touchpod?) and Sakura. In what way are Sakura better/worse then the original?

4. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    touchpod is the original firmware.
    m3sakura has as downside that it has problems with some homebrew, doesn't have default gb/gbc/nes emulators built in, and doesn't support opening multiple media files at the same time(like reading an e-book while listening to music).

but it has a much smoother and faster menu.
    supports single file skins, without a limit on the amount of skins accessible without using a PC.
    supports all filetypes from the same filebrowser(original firmware has 1 filebrowser for NDS, 1 for GBA, 2 for homebrew, 1 for images, 1 for text, 1 for music, and 1 for movies).
    and has a much better movie player built-in.

5. Styles420

Member Styles420 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Wha...?! Touchpod has built-in emulators? How did I miss this? Guess I actually have a reason to use it again (and to fill up my card with NES ROMS [​IMG])

6. Zelbano
    OP

Newcomer Zelbano Member

Sweden
    Thanks for the info thedicemaster, gonna try M3Sakura then.

7. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    it does, but they run through the GBA expansion.