Hacking M3 Simply Support

EvilGuyWhoEatsBr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not really in this scene. I only get the new firmware for the Simply when newly released software I acquire doesn't work.
wink.gif

I read that M3 has stopped official support for the Simply, but I can't find anything more official to backup this claim. Is this true?

A bit off topic. If the above is true, what is the latest greatest adapter to get? CycloDS Evolution, M3 Real?

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
They have pretty much stopped support for the M3 Simply as the M3 Real is it's successor. Though to answer your question about what flashcart is the best is harder to answer.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The CycloDS is the flagship cart of them all, with responsive tech support that speaks native English, a active forum community, exceptional firmware (arguably the best), and a suite of CycloDS tools for PC use. But it's also the most expensive flashcart (~$50USD; ~$70USD with Slot-2 expansion).

The M3 Real has one of the best firmwares (probably second to CycloDS) and unmatched GBA ROM support (even better than CycloDS). It's mid-range in cost (~$35USD; ~$55USD with Slot-2 expansion).

Others might argue that the EDGE is another good one, it's basically a CycloDS without all the bells and whistles (I don't exactly know what the differences are, but ask in the EDGE or CycloDS forums).

The AceKard2 also has very good firmware, responsive, simple and easy to use. It's the cheapest card among the four I've listed (~$24USD for the DS Lite version; ~$36USD for the DSi version), and hands-down the best budget card.

EvilGuyWhoEatsBr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Awesome, thanks guys.

This isn't going to be for me, it's going to be for someone who is less technically inclined.

So which one is easier to use? With the Simply you just dragged and dropped the firmware and "other" files onto the flash card. Is it the same for these 2?

Nevermind. I was reading up on the M3 Real and it's easy to use. They'd never use all the features the Cyclo has. The M3 Real it is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.