Hacking M3 simply + m3 lite = problems

dragon_168

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just got both of these the other day. planning to put 2 gbs in each.

right now i got 2x 256mb in them for the time being.

I got the nds games to work on the simply and the lite..

but i'm having problem getting the gba games to work on the m3 lite..

i tried getting snes games to work but it don't work either.

anyone give me some guidance.

N3CR0P57

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
When playing GBA games from the M3 Lite, you need to remove the M3 Simply. Leave slot 1 empty to play GBA games. M3 Simply will not play GBA games.

EDIT: Which Emulator are you using to play SNES games? The SNES emus for DS are still poor at running most SNES games.

undyingforce

Trophies
Website
club.ign.com
XP
Country
United States
When playing GBA games from the M3 Lite, you need to remove the M3 Simply. Leave slot 1 empty to play GBA games.

is this true?
i was planning on buying the same combo but i will think twice if i have to play GBA Roms with my M3 lite perfect and slot 1 empty

M3 perfect doesnt need a flashme/passme device?

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When playing GBA games from the M3 Lite, you need to remove the M3 Simply. Leave slot 1 empty to play GBA games. M3 Simply will not play GBA games.

EDIT: Which Emulator are you using to play SNES games? The SNES emus for DS are still poor at running most SNES games.

it's not neccesary to do that, when you are in the m3 lite's ds menu you can press start, it will "reboot" to gba mode without needing to remove the passme device(in this case m3 simply)

N3CR0P57

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

it's not neccesary to do that, when you are in the m3 lite's ds menu you can press start, it will "reboot" to gba mode without needing to remove the passme device(in this case m3 simply)

Sorry for the misinformation, I don't have an M3 Lite. I didn't realize the M3 Lite had that option. I just know that's what is required with my XGFlash 256. Either way, you can't use the 3rd Icon to launch GBA games on slot 2, as it's only for booting NDS on slot 2.

dragon_168

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so anything? else?

any programs or funny methods ?

just copy the gba game as a raw file. in the m3 lite and play witout the software?

N3CR0P57

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
On the same topic, with an M3 Simply/R4 in slot 1, and an M3 Lite in slot 2, which operating system gets first boot?
I would have assumed the M3S/R4 booted first, thereby bypassing the M3Lite. In which case the M3S/R4 would have to be ejected to start GBA games in slot 2.

There is also a homebrew app for launching GBA games on slot 2 from a M3S/R4 called "GBA slot-1 switcher".

Xanikseo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There isn't a very good SNES emulator, but you can use snezzids. The best, and most alive emu, except the last update was ages ago, and the coder said he'd add FAT support later, but he hasn't, even though DLDI has been released and everyone is using it. It saves with SRAM atm, so it won't work on the simply, but it will work on your m3 lite. Snemul ds has FAT support though, so you could use that on the simply.

XANIKSE0

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I just got both of these the other day. planning to put 2 gbs in each.

right now i got 2x 256mb in them for the time being.

I got the nds games to work on the simply and the lite..

but i'm having problem getting the gba games to work on the m3 lite..

i tried getting snes games to work but it don't work either.

anyone give me some guidance.

aphexpusher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok ummm I just bought a m3 lite and I have an R4... so do I need to have the R4 in the slot to boot gba games? I mean I use the r4 for booting nds games.. is it neccesary to have the R4 in as a pass device for gba mode? (so in other words to use the m3 lite for gba only I dont ever need to have anything in slot 1?)

EDIT: oh yeah I bought it but it wont be hear till friday...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM