Hacking M3 Simply Conversion -> R4

なか

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys...
I'm sorry if this has been asked a million times before.. but I need help in converting my M3 to an R4 (it's possible, right?)
I wanted to convert it to an R4 because I wanted to put the YSmenu on it..
So how would I go about converting it to an R4?

tomo288

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey in regards to your question you do not need to convert your m3 simply into an r4 to use ysmenu as ysauto can make the custom firmware compatible with your m3 simply or most r4 clones, as
long as you follow the batch command instructions, look at the first page of the mario and luigi 3 thread as narin has your solution. (Btw you need ysauto and ysmenu, happy gaming)

なか

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to be a noob about this, but using YSauto will change my M3 Simply firmware, right?
I want to stop using the M3 Simply firmware because the M3 team has stopped supporting updates for it a long time ago..

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Using YSauto will not change your M3 Simply firmware - it will provide you with an alternative firmware to use on your M3 Simply.

alextronik

Trophies
XP
Country
France
CONVERT YOUR M3 SIMPLY to R4 :

If you have a M3 simply with old V1.14 kernel and you want to run latest games on R4 V1.22 kernel, just open the first jumper on the PCB card, upgrade to R4 V1.22 kernel and it Works !!

if you need how to picture please ask me

RalphUp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
later versions of the M3 Simple card either didnt have the jumpers or they are hidden under oixy resin.
that was a very early hack. there is a tool to convery R4 firmwares to run on the M3 simple but the last time i tried it with the latest R4 it wouldnt work, I had to wait for the official M3 simple firmware do a google search for "v3 of R4 to M3 Simply conversion software released".

Best bet would be to investage Tomo288's suggestion.

Rob_Threat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PettingZoo said:
I thought M3 simply could run YSMenu :/, guess I was wrong.

Yasu's Menu runs fine on M3DSS. You were right. The DLDI patch is the same, so... it works great. It gave new life to my good ol' DSS.

For those who don't know... M3DSS and the original R4 are exactly the same hardware. M3DSS 1.14 and R4 1.18 are the same "firmware".

As a tidbit, the new "R4li 1.22/1.23 firmware" runs without patching on both as well, and fixes many non-working titles. Oddly, it reads as being built for M3DSS (by the M3/R4 conversion soft).

IMHO, this thread should probably be moved to the R4 section.

yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: I have a number of geriatric relatives.