Hacking M3 Simply arrived!

leoedin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is the microsd card slot springloaded in the simply?

Yes, it clicks in and out like the DS card clicks into the DS etc.

The included transflash reader is also clicky!

It only runs clean ROMs right? It won't run patched-for-M3 ROMs that have soft-reset activated?

I've not tested it with patched roms, but I'd assume it would fail (it might work if there was an M3 already in slot 2, but that defeats the point.) I would imaging patching software may exist in the future - like all new M3 products it'll probably take a while (when I got my M3 CF, it couldn't even play roms
biggrin.gif
)

Leo

P

pasc

What Save Format does the M3 Simply use ? Still the old .dat Format or .sav ? So can I just copy over my old .dat Saver or do I need to convert the before I can use them on the M3 ? And What is the 3rd Option from left to right for ? Settings ? Boot Slot 2 ? Hope you answer:

Pas

jadeN

Trophies
XP
Country
sorry for my noobness i just got my first NDS but i'm confused between download play and wi-fi multiplayer...
for example would i be able to play mariokart wifi multiplayer with m3 simply online with other people?

digital_sin

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Download and play: If one of your friends doesn't have the game, you can use your copy to start a "Download and play" session where you send him a demo-like version of the multiplayer component of the game so you to can play. (Most flashcarts have trouble with this option, unless your friend has a nintendo ds with a hacked firmware aka flashme, you've got a 50/50 chance of this working)

Wi-Fi Multiplayer: Playing VS people online worldwide (Works fine for most flashcart)

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Just got mine an I am happier than ever. Its great, runs great, everything about it is great. The save type is a 512 KB .sav file regardless of a games save type. The save files are the same as R4's.

eilegz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
so no saves changing no hassles like supercard, the save files its a main issue indeed. Also its there any special micro sd an special brand should be used? or it can use any micro sd card

I wonder if the new castlevania works with this one??

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This sounds exactly the same as the R4. I can't wait for the review to compare the difference between the two. Maybe the current R4 review can just have the word R4 changed to M3 simply
laugh.gif

maitreatchoum

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

I have two questions,
With the m3 ds simply we can parametrize the speed of microsd like the supercard ds one?

And the m3 ds simply permit to adjust the size of saves?

Excuse my English :-/

Thx you very much :-)

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

I have two questions,
With the m3 ds simply we can parametrize the speed of microsd like the supercard ds one?

And the m3 ds simply permit to adjust the size of saves?

Excuse my English :-/

Thx you very much :-)
There are no speed setting. It just...works.
All save files will be 512KB.sav files. There is nothing you can do about it.

maitreatchoum

Trophies
XP
Country

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bummer, was hoping I can just transfer my save game from my real cart onto the simply....oh well, I'm basically done with that game nehow, nothing else to get in the game. I'll try some tests with castlevania with a ultra and a non-ultra sandisk when I get it, just shipped this morning from realhotstuff.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be interested to know how Animal Crossing/Doubustsu no Mori does on the M3Simpy. I don't mean whether it runs or not, but how well it runs. For instance, I have a SCLite and a SCDS ... both of them run Animal Crossing just "ok," but the SCDS takes an extra 2 seconds of load time longer than the SCLite each time you leave an indoor space and walk back outside. A little annoying, but not a deal killer. All other games, including the infamous Castlevania vid, are running 100% on SCDS.

People seem to have a misconception about the SCDS that it requires frequent changing of settings, but for me once I got things sorted out, I haven't needed to change anything. But I'll probably end up buying some other Slot1 card later on when they get all sorted out - I'm pretty sure what's on sale now will only turn out to be the first generation of Slot1 cards.

poseoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I really regret not purchasing the M3 DS Simply from the China Division of Divineo, and I'm ruing the fact I've ordered from the USA/CA division as I'm seeing all you lucky people with your M3's already while i impatiently wait
cry.gif

What I'm wondering is does anyone here have the faintest idea when poor souls like me will receive our orders and when its likely to reach the west coast of the US/CA.
Divineo.com say mid Jan, but when your as expectant as I, and eagerly anticipate receiving this product ASAP, a date would be really good.

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just got my M3 Simply today in the mail (a day early, I may add!). If anyone has questions, definitely PM ME and not post here to keep this thread clean of questions. I have backups up to 0784, so please limit yourselves to these games...

schlub

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my M3 DS Simply this morning, and when it works, it works very well.. but half the time it's not working.

When I boot up the most common situation is the 'Loading...' screen forever. Maybe every 10 times it might say SD/TF card error. Re-inserting my microSD card helps sometimes, but sometimes not. When it boots up fine I can play a game with no issues for a while, but sometimes If I move the DS suddenly I'll get a freeze, usually when reboot the same 'Loading...' happens.

I think it's my microSD card (brand new Kingston 1GB, formatted FAT32), or something with the spring loaded microSD slot.. it just seems like it has trouble reading the SD card. Like maybe the electronic contacts aren't touching properly. The SD card works fine in windows via the M3-supplied reader and another multi-card reader I have.

Any thoughts? It's awesome when it works but having to try and get it to boot every time is annoying. Any thoughts?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo