Hardware M3 SD No Longer Saves

grape_garden

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I've been using an M3 SD for the better part of four years now without running into any kind of trouble. Last week, however, I started encountering problems. When I'd try to load up a game, I'd receive error messages from all the games, telling me that the save files had been corrupted. Thinking the problem could be attributed to the SD card--which is the same one I've been using since I bought the M3--I bought a new one in hopes that it would resolve the issue.

Well, I am here, so I guess you know how that turned out.

It worked for a little while, but when I went to load up games after the handheld had been off for several hours, most of the savedata had been deleted.

What do you think the problem could be? My theory is that the internal battery has finally run dry, and can't hold saves long enough for me to exit to the main menu and back them up. I'd like a second opinion however, which is why I've come to you guys. If I have given you insufficient information, please do not hesitate to inquire further.

Thank you for your assistance.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Your theory is probably correct. As far as I could recall, M3 SDs had an internal battery in them, and it's highly probable that after this much of time, it has run dry.

Opening the M3 should be pretty easy, and you should then be able to find an appropriate replacement for the battery reading the writings on the current one.

Keep in mind that you will probably have to desolder the old battery and solder the new one in place.

Good luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy