M3 Sakura Corrupt Save File

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by StuMx, Jul 5, 2009.

Jul 5, 2009

M3 Sakura Corrupt Save File by StuMx at 5:28 AM (2,025 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. StuMx
    OP

Newcomer StuMx Member

Mexico
    Hey guys, i have a little truble here, when i copy a new rom or homebrew to my m3 real and i try to create the save using m3 sakura i get an "corrupt save file" error an it doesnt boot so i have to delete it an create the save file using touchpod and then switch back to sakura an it boots properly. I formatted my micro sd an it worked fine loke 3 days an then in began to show the corrupt savefile error again. Is this a bug on m3 sakura o its something wrong with my microsd?.

Im using m3 sakura 1.4

2. zerofalcon

Member zerofalcon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica

Justo ahorita hice una prueba cargando una ROM usando el mas actual loader M3 sakura 1.40 y se creo sin problemas el archivo save.. probablemente tendras que formatear tu micro sd de nuevo pero te recomiendo uses la aplicacion SD Formatter que da mejores resultados..

suerte y preferi responderte en nuestro idioma natal [​IMG]

3. StuMx
    OP

Newcomer StuMx Member

Mexico
    La cosa es que uso mac y no puedo usar el SD Formater.

No se supone que solo podemos hablar en ingles en este foro? xD.

4. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    it just that sakura doesnt have the homebrew compatibility that touchpad had
    what homebrew is it anyway?

also zerofalcon, please read the rules here
    tl;dr
    this is a english speaking forum, dont make posts in other languages

5. StuMx
    OP

Newcomer StuMx Member

Mexico
    It happen with any homebrew or comercial game because it happen before the rom loads, it shows the creating save file progress bar and then when the loading screen is shown the botton screen displays "save format error" or "corrupt save file" and then crashes.

I've tried with comic book ds, colors and comercial games like little league world series and it crashes exactly at the same point, before the rom loads. But if i delete the save file, create a new one with touchpod and then switch back to sakura the rom (homebrew or comercial game) it launch without any problem.

I'm using a 4GB adata microSDHC.

6. zerofalcon

Member zerofalcon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    Ok guys sorry about my spanish moment..
    Ok to the point...
    If you're using a Mac why dont you try formatting in a PC running windows or linux? My M3 DS Real works perfect with M3 Sakura on it, no save issues.. i'm using a 4GB micro SDHC kingston japanese without any kind of save related problems or lag in any game.. maybe your microSD it's pirate or something its wrong with the way you're formatting.
    Try SD Formatter under windows thats the best way to format your microSD.. hope this helps [​IMG]

7. BraveToaster

Newcomer BraveToaster Member

United States
    You should have no problem with formatting on a mac, just run diskutility, select the card, select FAT, and hit erase.

8. StuMx
    OP

Newcomer StuMx Member

Mexico
    that's exactly what i'm doing, but it works like 3 days and then the problem starts over again.