Hacking M3 REAL teething issues

llatnik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all, this is my first post and i was wondering if anyone knew where I could get any roms? (joking joking!! sorry, I cant help myself)

What its really about is a couple of small things with my new baby, I upgraded from a m3ds simply with 2 gig card to a 6 gig carded M3 REAL, so far so good, the interface is a bit cumbersome now, admittedly before it had three buttons so anything at all would be a big change, but aside form that the only real problems are:

1) I copied my folder of music from my Simply and now when I try to use the new media player (dont like it >:( ) it freezes when i try to open the music folder

2) I cant figure out how to make the media button open moonshell like it should, before the middle button just opened _DS_MSHL.NDS and everything was loverly now it opens the new media player, that plays some other arbitrary video file format (I'l be damned if I'm going to re encode Yugioh the abridged series twice!... that took ages)

3) I couldnt get the GBA games to keep their saves, but upon further reading on this forum i can now (huzzah) but by buggery does Kingom Hearts Chain of Memories take an AGE to load, any way around that or do i just need to be patient given i'm playing something for free (quite reasonable when I think about it)

4) whats with the empty space on the bottom right in the set of icons when you start it up, is there a way of putting a custom game shortcut there, or possibly customising the whole kit&kaboodle? or is it just because 7 is a prime number? (likely now that i think about it)

5) why do hotdog franks come in packs of eight and the buns in packs of six, who in their right mind (or left ventricle) would want to eat 24 hotdogs in one sitting? is this a way of killing people bad at maths using heart disease and bowel cancer?

tomgibbes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can answer two of your questions:
2/ I dont know how to change it to launch moonshell but the bundled media player can play dpg files (moonshell video) fine, so you wont have to re-encode.

3/ The loading is abit of a bummer but it is something you have to live with, if you want speedier loading why not use your original cart you made the backup from
wink.gif
. And this does happen with every gba expansion card which uses volatile RAM to store the games. The EZ-3in1 can store the games on the RAM permanently but it is even slower flashing and personally i like the way in which the M3 GBA loader is intergrated into the firmware, something you dont get with 3in1.

g6team

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
As for GBA save, make sure that after you played a Gba game turn the ds back on and go to the GBA menu again. You will see a message "processing" it's actually transferring the SRAM save onto the main storage.

llatnik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ahh groovy thankyou all, yeah the GBA save problem seems to just be a teething one, since when you get it the battery in the slot 2 card is completely flat, but it charges in a matter of an hour or so, so that one invariably sorts itself out unless you use your DS incredibly rarely, but then if you dont use your DS much why would you buy a flashcard lol?

oh and while the new media player may play DPGs it doesn't play the most recent type of DPGs that only the newer moonshell plays

Does anyone have an idea why it wont play my folder-O-songs, is there maybe a limit to the amount of files it can cope with in a folder at once (I have booted moonshell on the card in question and it plays them fine) or is it maybe filename length? or some yet unrecognised problem, because as soon as i press the button on the folder it just freezes up and packs it in

also is there any way tp change the listing of roms to the old way of doing it, I think while it looks cool to see the icons, only being able to view 4 at a time is a little tedious

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16