Hacking M3 Real sping-loader broken.

yes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, signed up before but forgot username.
Well, recently I popped out the MicroSD card to put in new games, and when I went to put the MicroSD card back into the M3 DS Real Cartridge, it wouldn't click or stay in. I believe the spring-loader is not functioning. Anyone who has encountered this problem please help me, or if you know the solution. Thank you.
I've had this since January, is there any warranty besides the retailers? (expired)

airpirate545

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This happened to me not more than a month ago. Miraculously it just stopped pushing backup when i put my microsd card in now it jst slides in (As in there is no more click from the spring). But untill this happened I just used tape to hold it down -.-

yes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried to open it but one hatch snapped so i stopped. does'nt look like its meant to be opened, no screws i can see.

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
I had a similar issue a month or so after getting my M3 where it would not click out so SD Card go stuck in. I fiddled with the SD Card and got it out with a nail file. But when I put it back in and jiggled the card a little it started working again. It jammed one more time after that but unjammed again and has never jammed since.

Personally I think spring loaded is more hassle than it is worth. It is nice but a hassle when it breaks. It is just another moving component that has the potential to break IMO.
smile.gif

I would not recommend jiggling the SD card as you could scratch it and damage the card. Maybe something thin like a nail file - but only do this at ones own risk.

It might be best just to use tape as you are doing now
smile.gif

antonben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
that happened to me. you have to destroy the spring because if not the micro sd may pop out and you may lose it.. there is a screw at the upper left part of the side with the sticker on..peel the upper left part of the sticker until you see the screw then unscrew it. it is the only screw. then look at youtube on how to destroy the spring of the r4 because i did the same thing to my m3 real..

yes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What happens afterwards? It just slides in and out, as opposed to popping out and clicking in?

antonben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
^^^^
yes. if you remove the spring it will be just like how you put the sd card to a card reader. you just slide it in and out. also you have to take the cart out everytime

you will take your micro sd as compared to before wherein you can take out the micro sd even without taking off the cart from the ds...

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes said:
Tried to open it but one hatch snapped so i stopped. does'nt look like its meant to be opened, no screws i can see.

yea same here..i tried just messing with it to open it so i can see the pcb and one of those dinky little clips just snapped...in the gbatemp review (if i remember right) the reviewer claims it opens easy due to these little clips..they are too fragile imo. a screw shouldve just been used to hold the cart together..oh well. either way i probably won't try to open the cart again and risk breaking the rest of the clips lol

11gardir

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mine does that as well - took apart the cart and if you put the microSD into the slot there's like a little switch in the microsd slot that you have to pull back (with a screwdriver or something) that holds it in place once pushed in. However, once you take the card out again the effect is negated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system