Hacking M3 Real questions

funem

Retro Powered..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have just got my M3 Real and had a couple of questions.....

How do you change the default sort order of your games ? I know you can manually change them, but to sort alphabetically A-Z seems to take ages and you have to change the sort order twice.

Cheats. I am using an XML file I made, is there an app to convert it to cheat.db so I don't have to re-paint every new game I play ? Currently I edit together two XML file to get my one XML file. Is there a difference between the XML and the DB in regards to the speed it is parsed rtc.

Thanks

Funem

funem

Retro Powered..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Found "G6M3 CheatCode Combiner" for combining two xml's together so thats part of my questions asked......

I also just started to get corrupt menus when it list games. I started removing the games one by one and have found there is either a limit to the number of files in the NDS directory or there is s limit to the combined names sizes of the files.... can anyone shen some light on this.. Im using a 6gb card

Not holding out much hope as Im the only one answering this it seems

unsure.gif

joebloe738

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
organizing the ds games is quite easy. But a surprising number of people dont know how. Simply touch the word "name" when you are in the game selection screen.

funem

Retro Powered..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
organizing the ds games is quite easy. But a surprising number of people dont know how. Simply touch the word "name" when you are in the game selection screen.

I know you can do this but as I said you have to do it twice to get A-Z. When you first go in they seem to be in the order they were copied onto the card. Touch the name "name" heading once and you get Z-A touch it again to get A-Z. I want to know if there is a way for it to automatically be A-Z when they initially list.

unsure.gif

funem

Retro Powered..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I also just started to get corrupt menus when it list games. I started removing the games one by one and have found there is either a limit to the number of files in the NDS directory or there is s limit to the combined names sizes of the files.... can anyone shen some light on this.. Im using a 6gb card

Not holding out much hope as Im the only one answering this it seems

unsure.gif

There seems to be a limit to the number of files in the NDS rom directory, with no option to use subdirectories, this would limit the number of games you can store on one card.

Please don't answer this with any comments like "how many games do you need to have on your card ffs" that is not relevant. I just want to know if there is a limit or a way round it, else there is no point buying bigger cards if the M3 cant handle it.

vafd

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The current limit is 128 files per directory.

You can change your current directory when you are looking at a game list by tapping the folder icon in the bottom left corner.

funem

Retro Powered..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The current limit is 128 files per directory.

You can change your current directory when you are looking at a game list by tapping the folder icon in the bottom left corner.

Many Many Thanks for that I thought I was going mad. One thing I cant get to work now is If I have a Directory Structure like this

NDS
|
|_Logic
|
|_Platform

I can change to Logic or Platform and that becomes the default directory. When I try to make the NDS directory the default again, it wont let me ".." goes back a directory but "." which should select the current directory deosent work.
So am I going mad ? or doing something wrong again

unsure.gif

funem

Retro Powered..
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have those other folders as a Sub folder to NDS folder? Trying putting them on the root instead.

Yeh folders in the NDS Folder. the selector doesn't allow you to select the "." as the current folder selection ( so when in the NDS folder, selecting "." should mean you are selecting the NDS folder ). Ill just them all into the subfolders to keep things tidy.

How do you make the default sort order A-Z as, as I said before to make it A-Z you touch the name heading, which then does a Z-A sort then again to make it A-Z. Starting with A-Z would be so much easier and practical.

Thanks for the answers so far

Funem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise