M3 Real Perfect Problems

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by jorlain, Sep 23, 2008.

Sep 23, 2008

M3 Real Perfect Problems by jorlain at 1:27 AM (1,088 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. jorlain
    OP

Newcomer jorlain Newbie

United States
    I recently purchased an M3 Real Perfect bundle. I just finally received it today after about a week, and I was quite excited to get started on it! So I went out and picked up a PNY 2GB microSD card and popped it into my computer. I tossed in the E30 SYSTEM folder after I had formatted it, and created a NDS folder. I popped the microSD card into the M3, and put it into my crimson DS Lite. I get the WARNING - HEALTH AND SAFETY screen, so I hit a button to continue. When I get to the next screen, it says "There is no DS Card inserted." It is showing that a DS Option Pak is inserted, but it's not even detecting the M3 Real.

At first I thought it was maybe the the system folder, so I tried several different ones, with no luck. Being as this is my first flash cart, I'm really unsure what to do now. Is it the M3 that's shot? I took the casing off and wedged a piece of paper under the contacts in hope that maybe it just wasn't making a good connection, to no avail. I'd really rather not RMA it if I don't have to.

If anyone has any other ideas, I sure would appreciate it.

P.S. I have tried another microSD card also, just to be on the safe side, with the same effect.

2. ENDscape

Member ENDscape REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!

Philippines
    Its suppose to go straight to the M3 menu, not the DS menu. You dont need to click to advance from the health menu. What firmware are you using??

3. haringtonl

Member haringtonl GBAtemp Regular

United States
    When I got mine, it took like 5 tries of blowing on it and reinserting it, and doing that to my micro sd card too, for it to boot. Now it always recognizes it. Try messing around with it.

4. jorlain
    OP

Newcomer jorlain Newbie

United States
    Does it boot from the cart, or from the microSD? As in, will it even detect the card if there's no microSD?

Thanks

5. jorlain
    OP

Newcomer jorlain Newbie

United States
    I've tried several firmwares. E26, E29, E30... I have also tried Sakura 1.11

6. ENDscape

Member ENDscape REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!

Philippines
    You need the files from the microsd to boot into the M3 menu.When theres no microsd, i think it just shows the M3DSR logo on the bottom right, and freezes there.

7. jorlain
    OP

Newcomer jorlain Newbie

United States
    If it does do that, then this leads me to believe that perhaps it's the card itself that is not working. *sigh* Guess I need to muck around with an RMA then.

8. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    jorlain, you have very common problem, and it's fixable with putting a paper in front of the M3 cart when inserting in NDS, because some newer NDSs have problem with getting connection between system and metal pins on the cart..
    I had the same problem with my Crimson/Black and M3 Real...(and M3 Real works perfectly normal with my Polar White NDS, but doesn't work with Crimson), so just place a paper in the way that it pushes pins and makes connection in NDS..

You'll have to move it a bit around, to find a proper way that works for you, but it should fix your problem!! [​IMG]

9. Sir-Fritz

Member Sir-Fritz GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    So is that why my cyclods always works in my sisters ds (only ds in the household) but in friends ds' it sometimes doesnt work.

10. Toni Plutonij

Croatia
    Yes, that is EXACTLY the reason..

I don't know why is it happening, but it looks like some NDS handhelds can't get a proper connection with flashcarts, so you kinda have to "force it" a bit..

But it works 100% because I'm using that paper trick and haven't had any problems since the day I set it up..

11. jorlain
    OP

Newcomer jorlain Newbie

United States
    How thick of a piece of paper do I need for this to work? I've tried wadding up a couple of strips, and that does seem to be doing me any good so far... I will continue trying this, however.

12. jorlain
    OP

Newcomer jorlain Newbie

United States
    I tried using the paper quite a few times. Trying thicker, thinner, different placements, et cetera, with no luck. I have a buddy that has a black DS lite. I'm going to see if it works on that one. Unfortunately, he's out of town for a few days... Argh. I was so excited to get this, too! [​IMG]

If you've any other ideas, I'd love to hear them.

13. jorlain
    OP

Newcomer jorlain Newbie

United States
    Nevermind! It started working. I tried one last position, and it started working great! Thanks for the tip!

14. Toni Plutonij

Croatia
    Well, I had lots of problem with getting it to work properly too..
    Try this, it worked for me..I hope you'll understand what am I trying to say..

Use ordinary, plain paper, but bend, so you get two layers..Then, cut it in the size of the pins that make connection, stick the paper on the other side of the cart, so that pins are pushed towards NDS connection, but try to keep paper under the chip protruding (it's been said that the chip is actually the main source of the problem, it sticks out and creates small space in between pins and NDS)...Try several times setting the paper like that, and if it doesn't work, you'll need a thicker paper, so use part of the corn flakes box, just cut out the right dimension..

Remember, try to stick piece of paper in a way, that it doesn't go over protruding chip!

Trust me, it'll probably work after some time, but you'll have to try hard!
    Good luck!

EDIT: You posted before I've ended writing this, so disregard it....I'm glad you got it to work......I set up mine, and never take it out, I've learned to take microSD out of M3 Real without taking it out of NDS, so it's perfect for me.....

Enjoy your M3 Real, if you'll have any questions feel free to ask!!