OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I realize that I might have posted this in the entirely wrong section. I've been out of the loop for quite some time and I'm hoping to get some questions answered.

For a number of years I've been running My Passcard + M3 Lite combination on a 2gb microsd card with great satisfaction, but now I'm looking to see what else I can do.

As it stands I currently have:

Black DS Lite
Slot 1 Passcard
M3 Lite w/ 2gb Sandisk MicroSD

Unused A-Data 8gb MicroSDHC Class 6
Unused Acekard2i

The original idea was the run all my DS games on the Acekard2i, accompanied by the 8gb, then all my GBA games (can't let go of it or I would have a DSi right now) on the M3 Lite. It seemed like a relatively good solution and I already have all the available parts but I was wondering if there's anything more to gain from other combinations.

It just so happens that my friend would very much like to buy my Acekard2i for his DSi since I already have it on hand and he won't have to wait a lengthy amount of time to use it. That leaves me with a bit of leeway in terms of how I should go about this.

Is there something more to be gained by going the M3 Real + M3 Lite route? What I really want to know is if it will function identically to the M3 Real + GBA Expansion combination. Are there any advantages to going the M3 Real + GBA Expansion combination instead? This would mean that I could simply purchase an M3 Real and have a very, very nice setup. But if it's much better to go the M3 Real + GBA Expansion solution I am not opposed to purchasing both.

I also have another question in regards to my M3 Lite. Is there any difference between my M3 Lite and the M3 Lite Perfect? Please note that I purchased my M3 Lite the exact week that it was initially launched, so it's basically M3's original DS Lite flagship model. I'm sure there were updates between the two, but I'd like to very much know what the differences are.

shaosam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can answer your question regarding the M3 Lite Perfect.

There are only TWO types of M3 Lite: The M3 Lite PERFECT and the M3 Lite PRO.

The difference between the two is that the PRO CANNOT load or play GBA roms that are over 4 megabytes in size. Yeah, the M3 Lite PRO basically sucks.

If your M3 Lite can play GBA roms that are bigger than 4 MB, than you have the M3 Lite Perfect.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1