M3 problems - Nethack, DSCrawl, Ands

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Fel, May 22, 2010.

May 22, 2010
  1. Fel
    OP

Member Fel GBAtemp's Adventurer

Czech Republic
    So I've decided to go and have a look at various homebrew and try them out, however even after following the instructions like putting the parts of the game on the root of the card they still don't work (nethack being a special case). I've checked the M3 Homebrew Compatibility List, but it's outdated, since Innocence did work and didn't corrupt my SD card.

Nethack DS- this version does start up, however its icon is just a mess of whitepinkredish pixels, and when the game starts, the upper screen has really tiny letters and the map (where you play and see yourself) is very tiny. More than it should be according to a youtube video I found. Plus the big stripe with some kind of a picture on the lower screen isn't there, just the pixelish icon on the upper left. Help please?

Ands pdf reader - white screens

DScrawl - white screens

2. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    This might be better asked in the M3 Adapter sub-forum.

Now I could be totally off, but... I think that Sakura doesn't have as good homebrew compatibility as the official M3 firmware does (TouchPod?).
    Again, I don't know. I don't own an M3 myself and I haven't read much into it, but the first thing that popped into my head was that I recalled hearing that Sakura's homebrew compatibility was lacking.

3. Xenon++

Member Xenon++ Taiju Yamada

Japan
    Well nethack DS worked on my M3iZero. Did you put nethack folder?

4. Fel
    OP

Member Fel GBAtemp's Adventurer

Czech Republic
    Xenon++: Yes I did, but there are two version of Nethack. One makes the screens go white, the other turns the DS off. But when I switched to Touchpod, the one which switches the DS works (I didn't try the other yet, but since I didn't find almost any enemies or items on the two floors, plus the commands were not so intuitive like in ADOM or POWDER - eg. I couldn't find any way how to give orders to your pets, I don't think I'll be playing it. [​IMG]

twiztidsinz: Wow, I totally forgot about Touchpod, even though I had been thinking when putting all the homebrew on my SD that in case it won't work on Sakura I should try them out on the other one. Thanks for reminding me! Maybe Omalone and Ands will work with it. [​IMG]