Hacking M3 Perfect miniSD not working. Help!

szabi_o

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hello.
I just bought an M3 Perfect miniSD. With a GBA or SP, all I get after the Gameboy logo (with nintendo under it) is a black screen. Regardless if there is a card inserted or not. I've tried with a 512MB, 1GB, 2GB microSD in adapter, formatted in many different ways. I tried with updagcsd.e35, also renamed it to match all the different languages, still nothing. Tried a bunch of different key combination on power up, nothing. Also changed the backup battery on the card.
NDS, or NDS lite doesn't even see the card, which is weird.
Any help is appreciated. (I have some R4's and an M3 Real, so if there is any NDS recovery software that could repair the M3 Perfect would be great)
Thanks.

37.jpg

szabi_o

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I noticed that on the back side of the card connector, all the JTAG pins of the MAX II are routed out. Did anyone tried to read the contents? Is it protected?

D

Deleted User

So, the M3 doesn´t respond at all? I thought maybe the Firmware is missing.

szabi_o

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
No, but obviously the card is doing something, because i get the Nintendo text below the Gameboy logo, and than the black screen.
But it doesn't take any update file I've tried. Don't know what the hell is wrong with it. I'm gonna build a JTAG cable and try to read the CPLD.

szabi_o

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Does anyone have the firmware for it, so I can upload to the CPLD using JTAG? This is my last chance to restore it. Thanks.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
do you have the possibility to dump the code via JTAG?
jtag means solder stuff into it, right?
sorry i don't want to risk ruin them (and don't know someone who i trust to do that..)

i do have a nds lite, and this thing incoming in the next weeks: https://www.insidegadgets.com/projects/gbxcart-rw/
can't i use some of that stuff with the right software to dump the CPLD?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1